5.0 out of 5 stars I need all the Help I can get!
Published on 12 Aug 2007 by Emmylou

3.0 out of 5 stars How to be a Happy Mum
Over all it's a good read, a tiny bit patronising in places but reading some of the case stories written by other mums was reassuring. Lets just say if my local library had it, I probably wouldn't have bought this book.
Published on 22 Jun 2009 by M. Wigley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I need all the Help I can get!, 12 Aug 2007
This review is from: How to be a Happy Mum: The Netmums Guide to Stress-free Family Life (Paperback)
As a mother of three and a husband who works away any help at all is appreciated. I love the netmums website and eagerly awaited this second book by them (their cook book is ace as well). The book delivered all that it promised and not only has proved a useful and thoughtful insight into parenting, it is also written in an easy to understand, fun style that should appeal to everyone. It is the kind of book you can read from cover to cover or just dip in and out of whenever you find a moment of quiet (try the bath) or need some inspiration. I took mine on holiday and my husband was even reading it!... 5 stars again to Netmums, I can't wait for your next book. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest book about parenting, 1 Sep 2007
L. M. Beckwith "Lesley" (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This is the first book I've ever read that is honest and tells you the real truth about parenting instead of making motherhood sound wonderful all the time. It doesn't hide the fact that children ARE hardwork. Yes there are lots of good points to being a parent (and I wouldn't swap it for the world) but there is an awful lot of decision making to be made during the journey of parenting and this book helps you prepare for them in a practical way and helps us parents realise we are not alone. This book is a must for every parent, whether first timers or not. Well done Siobhan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest writing about being a mum, 8 May 2008
This book is fantastic! It's describes what motherhood is really like - acknowledging that children are a great blessing, but that they can also try your patience and sometimes drive you to distraction! It's about how to cope - with everything from the children's bad behaviour, to organising your home, and (perhaps most importantly) some sound advice for when you get that sinking feeling. It's written by people who really understand what it's like to be a mother. And the quotes from the netmums.com website add that touch of realism, acknowledging the fact that you're not alone in how you feel. I can't recommend this book highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, informative, fun and full of useful advice!, 5 Jun 2008
I bought this book to try and recapture a bit of happiness and stress-less existence for myself before it's too late. With three children under four stress is my middle name. This is full of really useful suggestions, advice, anecdotes from other mums etc - strategies for dealing with badly behaved children, relationship troubles, work pressures, housework crises and losing yourself into the big mum hole. I really can't recommend this book enough for sensible, practical, down to earth advice. And it's really nice to know you're not the only mum who feels like she's not coping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have read for all mums - makes you realise you're not alone., 19 Aug 2007
This book is great. My children are 4 and 6 and while I wish I'd had a copy when my eldest was first born as I know it would have helped me loads, it's still proving useful to me now!

Every mum should be given a copy before they give birth so they know what to expect and more importantly know that they're not alone in their feelings and see the support netmums can give them.

So if you know someone who is expecting, I assure you this book is the best ever gift you could get them.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's my bible !!, 14 Oct 2008
I bought this book months ago when i was having a 'down' day. It really cheered me up, made me feel like i wasn't the only one feeling like motherhood was a neverending chore. It is full of practical advice, i keep it by the bed and dip into it time and time again to read relevant chapters. Thanks netmums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 12 Aug 2007
I have 2 children which can both test the parenting boundries sometimes and I have always found the Netmums website so helpful. I bought the Netmums feeding kids recipe book and it was fantastic, we have spent hours cooking tasty meals and treats from the book so I was really excited when this book was released too. It really made me feel like I was not the only person who had children pushing the limits and it was fantastic to read tips and comments from real mums who have been through the same trials. The book is set out lovley and makes easy reading.....come on Netmums I was more!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Be a Happy Mum: The Netmums Guide to Stress-free Family Life, 9 Aug 2007
D. Dobson "Dawn" (Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic just like the [...] site .
It is a mine of useful and sensitive information and so funny in places too............. wish it had been around years ago when I first had my little ones.
I would recommend this book to anyone with children or who is thinking of having children.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every Mum, 11 Aug 2007
J. McGinley "Joules Mac" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
Why oh why don't they give you this book when you become a mum, rather than all those silly books about recording your child weight etc. Loads of information about all the things you wish you knew - how on earth do I make friends, will I ever go out again, will my relationship survive, how can I manage my life and what on earth have I become now I have a baby! Very easy reading with some theory and exercises to keep your mind on track but not too hard going that you can't manage to read it before you nod off! Some good comments from other mums which make you feel as if you are not alone in what you are experiencing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the cover.., 18 Aug 2007
For sound and sensitive advice the netmums website is the nations authority, so to have the book, to refer to, dip in to, or just consume in one sitting is a God send. There is so much written on babies and parenting but this book is truely about being a Mum, and makes you realise its perfectly normal to find whole deal a little challenging at times.. and gives you strategies for making the job easier and more fun for everyone. Freegards very powerful message is that the essential step towards a happy family is to make sure Mum is enjoy her job.
Essential reading for parents everywhere, no matter how old the kids are!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›