5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginner mums like me
I bought this because although I can cook a "posh" meal for adults, I am always fumbling in the dark when it comes to something suitable and (that I can be confident is) nutritious for the kids.
Published on 4 April 2013 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 3 stars because it is not illustrated
The recipes are OK but the book would have benefited from being illustrated. I suppose because the recipes were submitted by net mums users this was not possible. In that case IMO the book should have been cheaper. Personally, I like to see a picture of what the finished dish looks like therefore book was not for me.
Published 13 months ago by Amber-Rose

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginner mums like me, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
This book has some excellent easy recipes which suit the whole family. I have a 2 and a 4yr old and they have been happy with al the recipes so far! (Although my 4yr old has picked up some food fads at school!). You can add more depth of flavour or spices if you want to depending on who is eating it - we eat as a family as much as we can.
For me it really works because I can do a meal plan per week, be confident what to cook and when and generally save money on the shopping. I don't buy stuff for a meal anymore (e.g. shepherds pie ingredients) and then not actually make it because I get lazy and just do pasta and cheese sauce instead! This book has given me the means to actually find it easy and so no need to take a lazy option.
A bonus is there is a whole section on nutrition at the front which I had not expected to be so comprehensive. It not only explains all parts of food but also what a person needs - for example I didn't know what "5-a-day" is for a 2yr old (I knew what it is for an adult). I've found it beneficial for all of us and actually could do with losing a bit of weight myself and it's helping me do this healthily.
It also gives some tips on what to do if your child is under or overweight and how to get around fussy eating.
Hope this review is helpful.

All in all this book has really really helped me and to be honest I feel a bit less of a failure on the mummy stakes now I have this small bit of life working a bit better!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 17 Dec. 2009
Mrs. Heidi R. Andrews (Worcestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
I have far too many recipe books, most of which simply gather dust, but not this one! What I like most is the attitude the writers have to us parents: we are not perfect; we are in a rush; we have run out of vital ingredients; the kids are squabbling; we are tearing our hair out and we need food on the table NOW. They seem to understand all this and encourage the reader to just do our best for our kids, in real life, not some virtual perfect world. I have bought the book for several mummy friends and recommended it to many more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 Feb. 2010
A. Fleming (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
As with everything Netmums are doing right now, this book is brilliant. It's full of information about the balanced diets children need, which though I'm pretty well informed, was still useful to have. The recipes are great; diverse, not too time consuming and best of all both my fusspot kids love them!

It has a menu planner in there, which is simple and effective, but something I hadn't thought of before.

I've bought the book for mum-friends and they've all cooked extensively from it.

Top marks to Netmums!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 24 Oct. 2009
Andrea (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
What an excellent book!! Just as I was beginning to struggle with new food ideas this book was recommended to me. I am very pleased with my purchase as I have used it loads. Definately recommend this to other mums.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 3 stars because it is not illustrated, 10 April 2014
Amber-Rose (Surrey England) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good recipes, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
Quite a good book but lack of photos of dishes annoying and not info given re how long dishes take to make

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book packed with ideas for last-minute meals!, 2 Nov. 2009
Mrs. Helen Hunt (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
I love this book and use it to get inspiration at least weekly. Although I do plan my family's meals for each week, something always seems to happen to put a spanner in the works and this book has always managed to help me succeed.

Yes, it has a number of basic recipes/ideas (but we all need that from time-to-time too when our mummy-head is full to bursting point), but it is also brilliant for suggesting alternative ingredients which I find incredibly helpful.

I haven't yet found a recipe that my kids (4 and 6) have refused to eat and, quite frankly, all the cakes/puddings are ace for all the family!!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 21 Jun. 2010
Sarah E. Booth "Disco Dora" (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
basic and more complex recipes designed for kids. it says what it does on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ~ So Good I bought it TWICE!!!!!, 22 Feb. 2010
D. Dobson "Dawn" (Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
I just love the netmums books, they are so helpful, informative and fun to read.
I loved this one so much I bought it again to give to a friend who had a child who is a fussy eater......... and guess what it worked.
This book is a must for any one who prepares/cooks meals for children of any age.........

4.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 31 July 2010
This review is from: Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book (Paperback)
I have only had this book a few weeks so only tried a couple of recipes. Both went down very well with my 2 and a half year old and my husband enjoyed them too. I'm looking forward to trying more recipes soon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book
Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book by Netmums (Paperback - 3 Sept. 2009)