Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2007
This book is a truly inspiring and informative read charting how Steve Wozniak first started to create computers from an early age. Its fascinating ro read his other activities outside Appple and to read the "corrected versions" of his history.
Highly recommended
on 4 February 2014
I bought this before meeting Steve Wozniak at Apps World in London. He tells his story in his own words. I gave it five stars because I am a big fan of Woz, and he has a fascinating story to tell, but the style is not particularly easy to read. He wrote in my copy, so I treasure it.
on 28 November 2013
Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of the guy and what he's done, but the "I have done so much clever original stuff from a young age" tone does get to you a bit as other reviewers have said, and I'm only on the early years chapters, 10/10 for self confidence though.
on 9 October 2015
I still haven't had time to complete reading the book but I like what I have got to read. The book will be interesting to people interested in the start of computers and computing. I read what I can find on computing just to see how it really got started.
on 10 October 2015
Fascinating read, and an insight into how Woz's mind works. He might sound a bit boastful at first, but that's just who he is, and who can blame him? An innovative figure in the history of personal computing, somewhat overshadowed by the cult of Jobs.
on 19 May 2012
Written by a journalist, but it does say, what Wozniak one of my heroes wanted to say.

It does not reveal some of his qualities, as wanting to remain open, feeling as of 30 years ago already portable, small appliance importance.
on 6 January 2014
Great, enthusing.

But where is part 2?

That's a 1.0 product :-)

Maybe the iOS years?

Or expanding on the values?

That money is a consequence of building great things, not a goal?
on 19 February 2012
This is a terrible book. The format, of ghost-written 'auto-biography', has been badly executed. The use of the first-person irritates, as the prose's style rapidly descends into a series of 'I did this', 'I was good at', 'I built' and so on. Frankly, it goes on and on about 'me', eventually making a number of sections almost unreadable. You plough on, though, hoping for some information to be revealed about both Apple and Wozniak's relationship with Steve Jobs. Sadly, there isn't nearly enough to balance out the self-centred stuff.

Best wait for an objective biography in due course.
on 20 June 2011
I have been waiting to get this book for a long time. It is fascinating - even if you are not a Mac user. The tech bits add to it's charm. The honesty is an eye opener. What a guy!
on 29 January 2015
It's a nice story about a very nice man. Not really enough technical detail in it for my liking, but a very enjoyable read all the same.