5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I guess I'm pretty lucky my ex hubby knew Ginger McCain so I have some fantastic photos of the great "Red Rum" in his lovely Cheshire surroundings. :-)

Published on 12 Jun 2007 by Mrs. A. M. Chadwick

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Was more used than I expected and discoloured.
Published 5 months ago by janny watts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jun 2007
Mrs. A. M. Chadwick (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber (Paperback)

This book was fantastic from start to finish; Ginger has done a great job with it. Taking you right through his life, basically up to present day. It's lovely to hear "Rummy" story again from start to finish and how he loved showing off, which was true when you were taking photographs of him, "Red Rum£ loved the limelight, and he and Ginger were a great match the made history I'm sure that no one ever be able to repeat.

With me being a huge "Red Rum" fan I always backed Gingers horses and saw a lot run at Haydock Park during the 1990's,he did me some wonderful favours with the odds that some of horses won at, 33-1 and 100-1 etc. :-)

It's an excellent read and very compulsive, it's a book I shall read again. It takes pride of place in amongst my other horse racing books I own. :-)

It's well worth every penny to read the story of two very special beings. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreams Can come True!, 20 Oct 2005
Having worked for Ginger, I found that this book is full of honesty. I couldn't put the book down, there's funny bits and sad things but it's a dream that became reality. It's a very good read for somebody who likes reading biographys and not just for the racing fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars A colourful character!, 5 Oct 2005
By A Customer
Really enjoyed this book. What a life Ginger McCain has had! This book should not just be limited to horse racing fans. Could not put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Red to Amber - Ginger McCain, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber (Paperback)
An excellent book if you're interested in the history of Red Rum, Aintree and Ginger McCain. A really good story, you can nearly hear his voice. Tells of his life in Southport and their eventual move to Cheshire and the horses he bought and trained. The book arrived in good condition and sent very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 July 2010
This review is from: My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber (Paperback)
Having met Ginger & his wife Beryl at this year's Grand National, I wanted to find out more about this man and how he got into training. I found the book a great read nothing too spectacular but just showing that normal down to earth people can achieve anything if they put their minds to it or have a passion for something. Ginger faced many obstacles in his life as a trainer but he just kept on mainly due to his passion of both horses and the sport. A great read for anyone who enjoys horse racing. How things were done then and now - with all the health and safety aspects and also comparing trainers/riders to prima donna footballers of today. What also comes across in the book was his love for Red Rum and all his horses.

5.0 out of 5 stars A National treasure, 23 April 2007
This review is from: My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber (Paperback)
Ginger McCain has raised plenty of eyebrows during his time but you have to admire his honesty. What you see is what you get with him and here is his story. He is a real character, a total one off and a national treasure. His love of, and empathy with the horses shines through. Only he could have found and trained a horse like Red Rum. Here is his love of Liverpool and all that the Grand National, the people's race, means to him and racing. Ginger is the epitome of all that is wonderful and unique about natiional hunt racing.

This book is great, from the name right down to the very last page. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars racing book, 9 Jan 2010
Mrs. A. Lester "Alison" (lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber (Paperback)
This was bought for my father-in-law and he thoroughly enjoyed it.It was delivered very fast and I would buy from them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Colourful Life, 21 July 2012
Mrs. Elizabeth M. Smith (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber (Paperback)
I bought this book as present for my husband who enjoys a flutter on the horses and he says that he enjoyed it very much. He has now passed the book on to a friend who is also interested in horse racing.

5.0 out of 5 stars page turning, 25 Sep 2005
By A Customer
a really good book that i couldnt put down not your normal boring autobiography makes you laugh and cry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 Mar 2006
Enjoyed this book from start to finish as others said it will make you laugh and cry. From buying Red Rum in 1970 to Amberleigh House winning the national in 2004 it gives you a real insight into his emotions during the race.
5 Star.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber
My Colourful Life: From Red to Amber by Ginger Mccain (Paperback - 3 July 2006)