Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 19 December 2003
I bought this book when I was contemplating selling my house, having seen part of one episode of the Channel 4 series. I was amazed by how much I enjoyed reading this book. It is beautifully laid out, with a chapter about how to tackle each room in your property in order to make your house more attractive to potential buyers. The advice is clear, simple and often inexpensive. The book is based around a number of real life homeowners who have had difficulty in selling their houses for the price they hoped for. Each chapter is illustrated with before and after photographs of real rooms which have been transformed. The photography is excellent and the 'after' pictures really inspiring.
The final chapter gives an update on how the houses made over in the book fared once put back on the housing market. I won't spoil the ending for you but the results were impressive.
Even if you are not planning on selling your property any time soon, this book is definitely a worthwhile read as it will inspire you with ideas for how to transform your home. I have read and re-read this lovely book many times and cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 22 September 2004
As an avid viewer of this and many other TV series like this I had to buy this book. It is full of great tips for fixing up your house for sale. It doesn't go into great detail on the projects covered but gives more of a general guide on what they did to fix up each house. The TV series is way more useful but as companion books go it's pretty good and worth having if you are selling your house.
on 22 November 2005
I didn't see the TVE series on which this book was base but I wanted a practical how to sell a house book. Splendidly, produced as it is the contents of the book are mainly about "tarting up" up your house to such a degree you will never want sell.