5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional with a twist, 19 Nov 2002
The recipes are easy to follow and most have an interesting introduction and great pictures.....the ingredients required for the recipes are widely available yet the end results are amazing!
The combination of traditional recipes with modern ingredients offers up some wonderful treats, the venison bridies are delicious and very much like the real thing. The roasted garlic and lentil soup is a winner, very warming and comforting for those long winter nights.....
A must for any dinner party or special occasion, guaranteed to wow your guests!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sue Lawrence satisfies again!, 7 July 2007
Sue Lawrence has written another splendid book of recipes in the Scottish tradition, but with an up to date slant.
I love the book - she writes as if she is talking to you, and is very amusing, illustrating her explanations of the origins of the food with personal stories. As a Scot myself, I can say that it is all absolutely kosher, if I can use that word in relation to things Scottish. Reading it made me nostalgic for Scottish food, and I can't wait to try out the recipes now. Very nicely illustrated with ravishing pictures of Scotland, and the ravishing food she describes.
A real gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Scottish Delia, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sue Lawrence's Scottish Kitchen: Over 100 Modern Recipes Using Traditional Ingredients (Paperback)
This is such a good book. Sue really has a an uncanny knack of producing ready to replicate recipes which taste sublime. In this book two gems are haggis tablets with red onion marmalade and the pan fried mozzarella with parka ham. The parmesan shortbread is fab too. Like another reviewer said I use Sue's book and I have an awfully big library of cookery books

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Find, 30 Aug 2011
I found this book in someone else's kitchen and had to order it for myself. I use this book every week at least and I have over 200 cookery books! For a taste of Scotland you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars modern version of traditional Scottish cooking, 26 Mar 2013
Ms. L. Duncan (SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my son's Aussie girlfriend! It is a lovely book bringing traditional recipies up to date and a bit healthier too!! Will maybe buy myself one too

4.0 out of 5 stars Scottish cookery, 6 Feb 2013
wanted this book as it provided updated versions of classic Scottish recipes. It provides excellent versions of standards with some that were new to me. Haven't tried to many yet, but those which I have have been good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov 2014