4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars
Published 10 months ago by wesley

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his cricket
Published on 30 Jun. 2002 by Rupert H. W. Barnes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his cricket, 30 Jun. 2002
Cricket, like many sporting autbiographies, do not strictly speaking exist as obviously these are ghost written by journlists. Cricket autobiographies are also formulaic - early life, my first test match, my battle with the authorities, great players I played with, modern players are good but not as good as the players of my generation and a chapter of what's wrong with the game today. Occasionally there is a discussion of various bits of scandal but usually to justify/explain/hit back at the critics.
Sobers autobiography is no exception. The only interesting parts are his anecdotes of colleagues and test matches he was involved in, and also those parts of his life that most people have forgotten - such as his ill advised trip to Zimbabwe in the early 1970s. However, it is quite easy to read so if you are an avid cricket fan who feels they must have an autobiography of arguably the best ever all rounder you won't be too disappointed, but you won't be too enlived either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Garry Sobers: My Autobiography (Paperback)
Not a bad read

Garry Sobers: My Autobiography
Garry Sobers: My Autobiography by Garfield Sobers (Paperback - 7 April 2003)