5.0 out of 5 stars If you like....., 8 Oct 2007
S M B "A Janeite" (Isle of Wight, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indiscretion (Paperback)
This is the first book by Jude Morgan that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Although it would be easy to lump this with other Regency set "romances" it is a definite cut above the rest,the humour is gentle but with an edge as is the heroine. Again unlike many other books set in this period the heroine is careful of her virtue because she knows the cost of loosing it.

I thought the sense of time and place was spot on, none of the usual lift the skirt and find a chav underneath nonsense.

The closest "if you like..." comparison I could make is to Georgette Heyer (whom I love) and have been trying to find her equal for many years without success. After this Jude Morgan has to be in the running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indiscretion, 1 Feb 2008
Dodie (Cheltenham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indiscretion (Paperback)
A witty, energetic and superb read. I loved every page of this book I felt that my romantic heart was satisfied without comprimising my need for good literature - if you catch my drift. The characters were well defined and the dialogue an absolute joy. Also some of the descriptions were absolutely beautiful especially one regarding a winter morning. I will definitely seek out other work by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indiscretion, 12 Jun 2007
This review is from: Indiscretion (Paperback)
Fabulous book. I purchased by accident (liked the cover) and realised I had already read and enjoyed Passion.

It starts of a little slow but picks a pace that you really dont want to stop. This book very much reminded me of Bronte both Emma and Pride and Prejudice. The characters in the book are very clearly defined so you dont get bamboozled into meeting 100's of people. But equally this is not a speed read (as I normally do) you have to concentrate. Caroline and Stephen are both so very likable, you can't help yourself. Lovely book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classical, beautifully written book, 23 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Indiscretion (Hardcover)
'Indiscretion' is witty, observant and well written. Its characters are sometimes predictable but that contributes to their charm as you easily feel comfortable, laugh and rage with and at them in turn. If, like me, you aren't suprised at who ends up with who, I don't think you will care but turn back to page one and start again (just to make sure!) Anyone who loves Elizabeth Gaskell, E.M. Forster, Tracy Chevalier etc. will love this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars a slow burner, 6 Mar 2006
DebB (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Indiscretion (Paperback)
I agree with the previous reviewer - this is a very nicely written book. It was a bit slow to start, and I was beginning to think 'Oh get on with it', and she did - get on with it that is. I was reminded at some level of Austin's Emma, nothing specific, maybe her depiction of quiet rural life. Being a reader of regency romance from a variety of authors, this is a more carefully crafted and detailed book than most of the standard titled rake meets spirited virgin/widow who fall in lurve despite the obstacles placed in their way - these were ordinary people. I found I had to read this with more care than I give to many books - and the book rewarded that care. I will be looking out for this author's other work, and loaning my copy to the trusted few I know will give it back!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable read, 17 Jun 2009
This review is from: Indiscretion (Paperback)
I found this book to be really well written despite the fact that its easy to guess the ending. The characters were all extremely likable or amusing with echoes of pride and prejudice. The story takes place in 19th century England and is about the life of main character Caroline; following her employment and life in society.
If you are looking for any other books from this author it may be helpful to know that Jude Morgan is one of two pseudonyms used by Hannah March along with Tim Wilson. March has books published under all three names.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished the book with a smile on my face!, 25 April 2006
DubaiReader "MaryAnne" (Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Indiscretion (Paperback)
Having bought this book for my teenage daughter when she decided to try adult fiction, I decided to give it a try myself.

I'm now a convert to Jude Morgan and have already bought "Passion" to read next.

Caroline Fortune's rise from impoverished middle/upper class, to a well provided future is entertaining and I especially enjoyed the character of Stephen.

I would also recommend Julie Garwood's "The Bride" and "The Wedding" if you enjoyed this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality writing, 25 Jun 2013
Mrs K B (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indiscretion (Kindle Edition)
Of a much higher quality than most of the genre. I'll be rereading this like I do Heyer's books. I look forward to reading her other titles.

Indiscretion
Indiscretion by Jude Morgan (Paperback - 2 Jan 2006)