5.0 out of 5 stars The mother of all romantic comedies

Published on 21 April 2009 by Sarah Louise Shields

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The mother of all romantic comedies, 22 May 2005
This review is from: The Wives of Bath
Two women. Both with fantastic carreers. Both just found out they are pregnant. They hate each other to bits and find themselves in the same town on the other side of the Altantic!!! What are the odds? Marvellous plot, fantastic writting and sooooo real! I read this in one go! Gripping storyline. Very emotional with funny laugh out loud moments and teary "I feel for you" moments. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 April 2014
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Kindle Edition)
Thank you.your book was wonderful I couldn't put it down.I now need to read more of your books thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 9 July 2013
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Kindle Edition)
Reaaly good book, I laughed out loud in places. Wendy Holden is a great author and I have purchased other books

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me crying (from laughter) out loud!, 15 Mar 2006
Sandra Griffiths "barbrafan007" (Bishop's Stortford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Paperback)
I wasn't really sure what to expect as this was the first I've read by this author. But as I started reading ity, I just couldnt put it down. There was always something that happened which kept me glued to see what happened next. Sure the charachters are somewhat cliched, but it was still a fun read and there were places where I had to laugh out loud. At one point, during my lunch break at work, I was hysterical with laughter, tears streaming down my face and my work collegues thought I was mad! Lol.
Anyways, I thouroughly enjoyed it, though I agree that it could have ended better. But I will definately read more of Wendy'd books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but ridiculously fun, 13 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Paperback)
This book has some fantastically funny narratives and contemporary themes. I loved the whole recycling storyline completely and wanted the book to focus more on them. Amanda must be the most annoying character I have ever read about though!!

I also agree with the other reviews, I think the ending was rushed a bit so that everything fitted into a lovely little ending. The storyline is not really believable but the book made me laugh so there is no harm in enjoying a laugh I say.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolutley awful, 21 April 2009
Sarah Louise Shields (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Paperback)
i bought this book because i really enjoyed Wendy Holden's other books, especially Azur Like It and Bad Heir Day, but it was so awful i couldn't even finish reading it. It wasn't funny, the characters weren't likeable, and the storyline was bad. I felt so let down after enjoying her other books so much, and surprised that this one was so bad. I wouldn't waste your money buying it or your time reading it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh Goddess, not sex again!, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Paperback)
Sadly this book has winceable area. A little too graphic in parts, lots of parts...Holden`s book "Filthy rich" despite
its title is loving and warm with gorgeous characters. Why did this earlier book have to be so messy?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, really enjoyed...., 3 Sep 2006
A Simpson "Book worm" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Paperback)
After having tried to get into a couple of books recently neither kept my attention. This one however was harmlessly addictive. I didn't want to put it down and read in a couple of weeks. I loved the way it was two stories in one which constantly overlapped. I found it really easy to pick up where I had left off (unlike the other books I had tried to read). It made me chuckle but there were also more emotional bits too. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definately read more of this author's books. A sign of a good book is where you can clearly imagine the scene in your head and I could!

4.0 out of 5 stars can't believe I read this book !, 17 May 2011
This review is from: The Wives of Bath (Paperback)
went camping. forgot my own book. Read wifeys book. enough said. It was a bit of a laugh but I'll leave it at that !!! LOL !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars creative and fun, 30 May 2005
This review is from: The Wives of Bath
I didn't know Wendy Holden at all but I discovered her with pleasure. The novel is witty and funny and the plot is always renewed by various unexpected events. I particularly enjoyed Jake's caracter: an eco-recycling-organic-natural maniac, the way he recycles ABSOLUTELY everything is hilarious! I would definitely recommend this novel!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Wives of Bath
The Wives of Bath by Wendy Holden (Unknown Binding - 3 Jan 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01