5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Linocut Review
Published on 4 Aug. 2011 by Linda

3.0 out of 5 stars Learning made simple, for simple results
Clear and easy to understand instructions help the beginner create simple results in no time at all. Each chapter has tips on techniques and there is no art speak just clear advice.
Published on 5 May 2012 by Max Renn

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Linocut Review, 4 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Learning Linocut: A Comprehensive Guide to the Art of Relief Printing Through Linocut (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading and working through this book on linocut. As a novice printmaker it gave me some great tips and ideas for more ways to explore my linocutting. Also, as a teacher it has provided me with more ways to use the technique in the classroom and great explanations of the materials too. The pictures are very helpful in making things clear and easy to understand and some of the prints included by other printmakers are very inspirational. Overall a great in-depth exploration of linocut. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent instructions, 13 Nov. 2011
I bought this book directly from the author, after doing one of her linocut workshops, and it's brilliant. The instructions are clear and easy to follow if you are a novice, like me. There is also a lot of sample artwork to give you ideas. I had no idea I'd be able to create such detailed pieces, just from bits of lino!

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in learning linocut, or about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Read, 10 Sept. 2011
This is an indispensable book for anyone interested in linocut printing. Well laid out, with clear step-by-step instructions and examples, it's the best book I've found on the subject. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Rocks!, 26 Nov. 2012
T. Moles "machikunda" (Lymington, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I happened to come across this book as I was looking for a beginners guide to linocutting. I was not disappointed. A well written book with clear instructions and loads of photos. I saw that the author had a website so I visited the site. They offer workshops so I booked one with some of my friends and was lucky enough to meet Susan Yeates. We had a fun morning/afternoon with her and did some projects. If you are in the UK I would recommend going to one of her classes. Thanks Susan for a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for a friend that I want for myself!, 18 Dec. 2011
I bought this book for a friend who wants to learn the art of linocut. I am going to have to order this for myself too, it's easy to understand with excellent and inspirational instructions, can't wait to get started!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for novices and inspirational, 31 Oct. 2011
I bought this book as a present for my sister. She cannot rate it enough. As a novice to linocutting it gives you a contextual background to the craft as well as providing you with a more holisitc approach to your art work with linocutting, for example by giving information about how to develop a sketchbook of ideas and create ideas and designs from sources of inspiration. I think this is invaluable alongside the 'how to' practical approach to any craft as the craft is only as good as your imagination. Pictures and projects were all very inspirational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Do It!, 2 Jun. 2013
S. C. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
Absolutely wonderful book - it's called "A Comprehensive Guide" and it really is. The author takes you step by step through to your finished print. Brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This must be the difinitive guide!, 23 Jan. 2014
After getting nowhere with lino cutting, I put this book on my wish list and got it as a Christmas gift. Whatever your expertise in lino cutting there will be something useful here for you. The author makes no assumptions on previous experience, taking you from the very basics to fascinating advanced techniques with many example illustrations. The huge amount of useful information and step-by-step instructions means that you can pick up on anything from anywhere in the book. The hardest looking tasks are made so easy by the author. My rubbish lino cutting has turned into master works of art overnight thanks to this book.
The only minor thing I can find against it is there is a fair amount of repetition in each section, but this makes it all the more fail safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Linocut, 6 Feb. 2012
Mr. Trevor K. Barnard (Kent England) - See all my reviews
I have been doing linocuts since my earliest days at school. This is the best book I have come across in many a year, this can't be hard as there are few books on this subject. This is both excellent for the novice or more advanced. I have learnt some new techniques and ideas and I have been cutting for 30 years.

3.0 out of 5 stars Learning made simple, for simple results, 5 May 2012
My only criticism is there isn't really any decent examples of the authors own work or any information on how to create the more complex and refined work shown in the examples on each page.
It is also odd how many of the 5 star reviewers for this item haven't reviewed anything else.

Overall this is a good guide for a beginner but a little expensive if you have previous experience of printing

Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks