on 2 December 2013
I had high expectations of this book given that I thought that the Complete Step-by-Step Guide to the Martial Arts by Peter Brady was good. However this book is a copy of the Aikido section of the Complete Step-by-Step Guide - same pictures, same text. If you have the previous book then you also have this one, and it is not an expert course - very disappointing.
on 21 November 2013
Looks good on the cover, but too much is placed on each page making the pictures small and the print is very small even if you wear glasses the print is still too small which takes the enjoyment out of reading this book.

I purchased another book 'Aikido and the dynamic sphere' and I found this book better to read with lots more in it.
on 26 November 2015
A great book for beginners. Excellent pictures, well presented and very informative.
on 25 November 2014
I have shown this book to my Sensei (Black Belt 4th Dan) who says it is a very good book by a well known and respected author.
I am very pleased with this book, the photographs are excellent and the step by step instructions are very good, it is a good aid to have when learning this martial art. Really pleased and would recommend it to everyone who is interested in Aikido. Thank You.
on 30 April 2016
Recipient is still reading it.
on 10 November 2015
Gave it to my brother for Christmas.
on 7 March 2014
This book was recommended by a friend, I am so pleased I bought it, lots of good clear pictures and easy to follow