on 27 December 2013
I recently had this book from my local library and as it is not particularly thick, 96 pages, I said to the Librarian "this will be a 5 minute read!" I also expected it to be full of repetition as I have read many, many, similar looking books in the 2 years I have been concentrating on my family history. Well, hands up. I was so wrong. Each page is packed with information and on virtually every one I learned something new. The information is recorded in a concise and factual way, that does not repeat itself in order to make the book appear larger. Most of the glossy pages have a box in which you can find "further help" and some with useful "abbreviations" There are explanations of the various ranks in the Army, Navy and Air Force of which I had no previous knowledge and campaigns/ actions listed from 1587-1982. TNA fact sheets are also covered. etc etc. It is amazing how much information there is in such a small book. I have to add that I think it is excellent value for money, would make a great present for anyone at any level interested in research and I will now be purchasing my own copy.
on 23 February 2013
got this book form the library and thought it contained information I may want to go and look at again so looked to buy the book. I bought a used one and am very pleased with the price and condition of it, so much so that I have since bought another used book.
on 20 August 2011
A really excellent handbook for both beginner and experienced family history researcher with many interesting facts and tips for when you get stuck.
on 7 October 2013
A must have for anyone who is tracing their family history. Easy to follow advice and where to go for more information.
on 4 November 2013
I ALREADY HAVE A COPY. I NEEDED 1 FOR MY NEPHEW. THE COPY I RECEIVED WAS SMALLER THAN MINE, JUST CONCISE, HANDIER TO CARRY AROUND, WHEN OFF RESEARCHING.
on 5 April 2016
Present for my dad, who enjoys reading it and finds it fascinating. Good publication
on 19 March 2016
Very informative book, I'm just starting out in Genealogy so found it very useful
on 24 January 2016