5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional value and bang up to date, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: How to Trace Your Family Tree: Discover and Record Your Personal Roots and Heritage: Everything from Accessing Archives and Public Record Offices to Using the Internet (Hardcover)
I recently had this book from my local library and as it is not particularly thick, 96 pages, I said to the Librarian "this will be a 5 minute read!" I also expected it to be full of repetition as I have read many, many, similar looking books in the 2 years I have been concentrating on my family history. Well, hands up. I was so wrong. Each page is packed with information and on virtually every one I learned something new. The information is recorded in a concise and factual way, that does not repeat itself in order to make the book appear larger. Most of the glossy pages have a box in which you can find "further help" and some with useful "abbreviations" There are explanations of the various ranks in the Army, Navy and Air Force of which I had no previous knowledge and campaigns/ actions listed from 1587-1982. TNA fact sheets are also covered. etc etc. It is amazing how much information there is in such a small book. I have to add that I think it is excellent value for money, would make a great present for anyone at any level interested in research and I will now be purchasing my own copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family History, 20 Aug. 2011
A really excellent handbook for both beginner and experienced family history researcher with many interesting facts and tips for when you get stuck.

4.0 out of 5 stars good condition, 23 Feb. 2013
JuJu (Leicester, england) - See all my reviews
got this book form the library and thought it contained information I may want to go and look at again so looked to buy the book. I bought a used one and am very pleased with the price and condition of it, so much so that I have since bought another used book.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to trace your family tree, 7 Oct. 2013
A must have for anyone who is tracing their family history. Easy to follow advice and where to go for more information.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMALL, CONCISE COPY, 4 Nov. 2013
I ALREADY HAVE A COPY. I NEEDED 1 FOR MY NEPHEW. THE COPY I RECEIVED WAS SMALLER THAN MINE, JUST CONCISE, HANDIER TO CARRY AROUND, WHEN OFF RESEARCHING.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a present for a raffle prize - it looks good., 19 Mar. 2015
Bought for a present for a raffle prize - it looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Jan. 2015