5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic recipes
Published on 22 Dec. 2009 by Bethan Lloyd

2.0 out of 5 stars TINY print!
Very full and interesting content but the print is so very small I doubt if I`ll efer use it - and my eyesight is pretty good!
Published 21 months ago by Mrs. P. A. Porter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic recipes, 22 Dec. 2009
Bethan Lloyd "Bethan" (Caerphilly) - See all my reviews
I'm very pleased indeed with this book. It is a large, comprehensive book and I don't think I will ever need to buy another book of ice-cream recipes. There are a brilliant collection of recipes and they work really well. The vanilla ice-cream recipe, for instance, produces the nicest vanilla ice-cream I have ever tasted. The recipes are based on quantities which seem to be perfect for an ice-cream maker of 1.1 litre capacity. I don't think they would fit in a 0.8 litre capacity ice-cream maker, although I suppose you could churn in batches.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very informative and comprehensive book., 30 Oct. 2009
J. Oliver - See all my reviews
This book is for all abilities; Whether a novice in the kitchen or an experienced book, Ice Cream Machine shows in detail, pictures and excellent editorial how to produce not only first class ice cream, but also ices, sorbets desserts and much more.

Each recipe is carefully explained by step-by-steps and beautiful photographs leading the reader to complete mouth-watering results.

A must for those who want to experience first hand how to produce beautiful ices in your ice cream machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice Cream Machine: The essential cooks guide to using an Electric Ice Cream maker, 16 Aug. 2009
R. Mills (UK) - See all my reviews
Ice Cream Machine: The Essential Cook's Guide to Using an Electric Ice Cream Maker, with Over 150 Recipes
Having bought an ice cream machine I then discoverd that it was incredibly difficult to access decent recipes. This book is like a 'bible' to ice cream making! It initially gives a full account of how ice cream has been made over the years and how it works and then there is page after page of wonderful, easy to follow, recipes with glorious photographs for all kinds of ice cream, sherberts, sorbets, cakes, low fat, non-dairy; all you could ever need. Each recipe that I have followed to date has been spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Nov. 2010
B. Henderson (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This book contains lots of great recipes but the thing that I really like about it is that it is truely international. I have seen so many books using American cup sizes, for which there is no standard measurement. This book has all the ingredients shown in American and British measures as well as standard grams, ml, etc. so there is no hassle with converting. Also some ingredients have different names in America but again this book provides all the alternative names. It took a while to deliver but it was well worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice cream lovers will love this., 10 Jan. 2010
Mr. Derek A. Levermore (Whitstable, Kent) - See all my reviews
A further aid to ice cream making at home with the use of a good machine.I bought the Philips HR 2304 machine which has a good recipe book with it but with the aid of this book a whole new world of cold deserts is opened up and I would recommend anyone interested in the finer arts of ice cream making to buy this item with over 150 recipes and with loads of coloured pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing recipe book, 29 Dec. 2009
E. Jones (england) - See all my reviews
My teenage daughter loves to make ice cream and was given this book for christmas. She is very excited and has made ice cream already. The recipes look clear and easy to follow and all the ingredients are easily accessable in local supermarkets. The recipes cater for all tastes, pockets and dietary needs.
Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes for ice-creamaholics, 25 Nov. 2010
Great Book which covers all aspects of ice cream from its history to tips on how to improve your ice cream. As it says, over 150 fantastic recipes for ice cream machines and how to make ice cream without a machine. Packed full of great pictures and serving ideas. English, metric and American measures, mean you can't go wrong. Got mine from Canada in about a week at a great price, what could be better. GO ON SPOIL YOURSELF and the KIDS..........

5.0 out of 5 stars This is how a recipe book should be presented, 16 April 2011
Kai Chung - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic. It starts at the beginning with a bit of history of ice cream and then takes you through the types of equipment and how to use it. The recipes are well organised and having tried the vanilla, I am in no doubt that the recipes themselves are excellent.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot ice cream!, 11 July 2013
Mr. R. M. Adam "Quality not quantity" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ice Cream Machine: How to Make the Most of Your Ice Cream Machine, Including Techniques, Ingredients, and a Wide Range of Innovative Treats (Hardcover)
This book has loads of good photos which made me drool and I had serious difficulty in deciding which recipe to try first.
The recipes are very easy to follow and thankfully involve few ingredients which are all easy to get in any decent supermarket.

The one critique I have is that the print size could be bigger.

I find this book is very good regarding the variety of recipes. I have been inspired to adapt some of them eg, to the Mango and Lime recipe I have added a half-teaspoon of flaked chilli and it gives an unusual bite to the ice cream!
Hot ice cream!