on 31 August 2014
This is a really beautiful book containing hundreds of illustrations of Degas' work. I thoroughly recommend it especially as it is available at a fraction of the retail price form a number of Amazon sellers.
on 31 August 2014
This is a favourite artist of mine as I love his images of ballet dancers in the studio and on the stage it is a great book and has lots of gorgeous images to look at it also gives a history of the artist.
on 31 December 2013
A very much appreciated gift. Bought for a Degas fan who has studied his works some time ago, it has rekindled an interest.
on 23 June 2014
I thought the book was more than I expected well worth the money and really good value I just impressed with of Degas Work than the ones I already know and love as I am from Glasgow and not far from the Burrell Collection which has one the largest collection outside mainland europe with this book it expanded my scope with his work as showed more Ballerinas which I am impressed with couple right now and also made me realise he was important artist showing the human boday the nude and then his stunning drawing and thought when purchased it was well did not look it which shows you appearance can be disceaving and as said more than reached beyond all my expectation and it the reasion why I gave it full stars and anyone who interested or who is artist this book is a high recommendation
This series of books on great artists are exceptional in quality and value.Many books of this standard are very expensive but here is a series where anyone can dip into the work of artists such as Gegas and enjoy again and again their work in your own home. the narrative is straightforward and easily read, the quaity of the colour pages is outstanding.Anyone with an interest in great artists, their different periods, their lives, and those who inspired them will love thses fine coffee table sized books. There are always in these picture you may not know or be aware of, another enjoyable plus. As I've said they are outstanding and will find a place on any artlovers bookshelf.If your just getting into great artists then they are the perfect place to start. I already have books on the work of Turner,Renoir and Cezanne as well as the one being reviewed and they are all of the highest quality.
Enjoy great artists and their work, then enjoy these uniformly excellent books of the masters !
on 5 January 2016
A really lovely book - packed with information about the great man and with many colour pictures, some of which were new to me - highly recommended.
on 23 June 2013
A very good account of Degas and his work even for a novice like myself I found this book enjoyable and informative
on 23 October 2015
It has been a privilege to learn and see some of the genious Degas.
on 3 April 2013
Beautiful pictures and quote informative. However abit expensive for a hardback. Sits nice on my shelf with the rest of my art books. If your into degas as much as I am the money won't mean anything and you've made a good choice.
Took abit of time to come and came in good condition.