on 5 December 2011
Whilts the first sections ogf the book have great photograhs and well drawn illustations, the identifcation section, (the bulk of this book) has poor unrealistic images. I could barely recognise the native species with the exception of the pike.

Whilst do not expect images of all all types of carp i.e. Leather, Mirror Grass and Common, the Carp illustated didn't look like any carp I have ever seen. both in life and magazines.

Sorry, Im really trying to like this book. The printing and materials are excellent. The text informative if a little sparse at times. I added thisto my wish list since the title promised so much.
on 3 November 2009
A good book for the family. Has informative sections on british freshwater fish for fishing identification but also insect and other river dwelling creatures for the kids. Quick delivery. A1
on 4 January 2013
A nice gift for all fishermen my husband and son enjoyed reading this book and planning what to catch on there next fishing trip
on 8 December 2010
I bought this for my husband as he is a keen fisherman and loves 'River Monsters'! He now lookS through the book as he watches the program. A great book with lots of pictures and info. It also incudes maps to show where the fishes can be found....highly recommended!
on 17 October 2011
Bought this as a present and it was greatly appreciated, I was told it was very good. Delivery was fast and I am very happy with purchase
on 2 January 2013
I bought this as a present for my godson who is mad on fishing... very informative and an ideal companion for the budding fisherman.
on 17 November 2013
EXCELLENT REFERENCE BOOK FOR SOMEONE INTERESTED IN ALL SORTS OF FISH. BOUGHT AS A GIFT. AN EXCELLENT CHOICE GOOD QUALITY BOOK
on 2 January 2013
purchased for my mum's husband who is mad on fishing. it has devoured the book and is chuffed to bits with it. job done.
on 2 November 2011
rubbish ordered 3 wks ago and it still hasnt been depatched was ment to be for a birthday but still hasnt come