on 13 January 2014
It's ok, but nothing very new or inspiring in it, pretty much the same recipes as in a previous book I bought
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2013
Really lovely book and good value would recommend to a friend and great for gifts for those who love baking
on 12 September 2012
Mowie Kay's cookbook showcases an impressive array of 70 whoopie pie recipes, which are divided into five sections: 1) Classic whoopies, 2) Fruity and nutty whoopies, 3) Rich and indulgent whoopies, 4) Weird and wonderful whoopies, and 5) Holiday and special occasion whoopies. Common flavour combinations such as red velvet and chocolate chip whoopies are featured, but I have to admit that I prefer the "weird and wonderful" whoopies - Green tea & jasmine, Earl grey & lemon, Ginger & lychee... just to name a few.

Most importantly, the recipes are explained in detail without being excessively wordy. And they turn out brilliantly! A much appreciated feature is the provision of measurements in grams/oz/cups. Nutritional information is also included, but I choose to ignore that section for the purposes of guilt-free snacking...

I personally favour cookbooks which have a photo accompanying each recipe - this cookbook not only provides this, but also several step-by-step photos to illustrate particular techniques. This makes it much easier to get a quick grasp of what you should be doing, especially with regards to decorating the whoopie pies.

I've seen many whoopie pie books out there, but this is by far my favourite. A definite 5 star buy!
on 7 September 2012
I was so pleased to hear that Mowie Kay had been picked up by a publisher and this, his first book, is fantastic. The recipes just work - not something you can say with every cookbook! He gives you a whole host of hints and tips to enable you to bake perfect whoopies every time and the photography is lovely (though it's a shame Mowie didn't shoot it himself). The tiramisu whoopie is my particular favourite - I've made it quite a few times now (I even made 60 of them for a party) and it never disappoints.

Can't wait to see what comes next from this talented baker!
on 5 February 2012
Easy to follow recipes that really work. The tiramisu is my favourite, followed by the red velvet. A must buy for those looking for a whoopie pie book that does what is says on the cover! Loved it!