5.0 out of 5 stars Great Indian cookbook
I have enjoyed every recipe I have made from this book. They are delicious, and taste so much better than curries made with purchased curry powders. Easy to follow instructions (with pictures) makes each recipe easy to follow.

I highly recommend it, and have purchased more for gifts.
Published on 5 Nov 2006 by Jacque H

2.0 out of 5 stars Average
This was the first Indian cookbook I bought and after trying out many of the recipes eagerly trying to find one that blows me away I have constantly been dissappointed with currys that are average and in need of much tweeking. Many of the recipes rely on curry paste which is annoying and there are some which are simply not Indian such as coronation chicken, omelette or...
Published on 16 Sep 2007 by S. Abraham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Indian cookbook, 5 Nov 2006
This review is from: Complete Indian Cooking (Hardcover)

I highly recommend it, and have purchased more for gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab for the whole family., 10 Oct 2007
Mrs. Tracey Hopkins (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Indian Cooking (Hardcover)
This was one in a long line of curry books ive purchased over the years, and by far the best. Every thing I've cooked has been enjoyed by all that have sampled it. The Monkfish and okra is wonderful for a dinner party.
The recipe's are not too hot for even my 8 year old. But can be tweeked to taste.
Excellent book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great curries, 27 Jun 2007
Maxine Smith (Warrington, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really great recipe book (a good mix of simple and more ambitious recipes with lots of colour photos). I've tried several; the best being chicken with orange sauce and black pepper, Lahore style lamb curry and rogan josh. They are simple to follow and most of them don't use millions of spices so you needn't be put off by the thought of having to spend a fortune stocking up on spices. My only criticism is the recommended cooking times. 10 mintes isn't enough to cook chicken legs thoroughly and after the 40 minute recommended cooking time for the Lahore style curry, the lamb was still rubbery. However, the recipes turned out beautifully once the meat was well cooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, highly recommended!, 1 Sep 2009
I bought this book for my parents as they are keen Indian lovers and have been disappointed with other books in the past. I have to say this is the best book we have found to date. The recipes are easy to follow, gorgeous and all the ingredients are easily accessible from your local supermarket. Buy this book, your love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
An awesome Indian cook book. Delicious recipes, possibly the only Indian cook book you will ever need!

5.0 out of 5 stars indian food for everyone to cook., 29 Mar 2014
lynne "lynne" (Bathgate West Lothian) - See all my reviews
The best book ever for cooking Indian food. Lots of great recipes. Cant find another book to beat it. I just keep going back to it. Easy to follow and my food always looks like the picture. A real winner

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it, 24 Mar 2014
If you love Indian food and fancy giving it a go then you can't go wrong. The recipes are pretty simple, easy to follow and modify to your own tastes. Some reviewers marked the book down because some of the recipes tell you to use a curry paste. Maybe they misunderstood that request as to referring to paste in a jar. If you turn to page 20 there are recipes for make your own authentic pastes and powders. Cannot recommend this book highly enough. Haven't found a recipe yet that the family and I've not liked yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars best indian book i have, 13 Feb 2014
This book is easy 2 use and ingredients easy 2 find. Lots of lovely indian meals. A very worthwhile buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my son., 27 Dec 2013
Bought this book for my son as he loved ours and as he has left home thought he could have his own.

5.0 out of 5 stars complete Indian cookbook, 16 Oct 2013
The complete Indian cookbook by Mridula Baljekar is better than my expectations and every recipe is well worth doing and you will do them all again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Complete Indian Cooking
Complete Indian Cooking by Manisha Kanani (Hardcover - 29 Oct 2004)
Used & New from: 1.29