on 6 February 2001
A great book for those who want to make soft furnishings for the home. All kinds of different window treatments as well as a section on chair covers and bed treatments something to suit all tastes. Clear concise instructions with pictures to guide you. Excellent for the professional and beginner as well. A basic technique section at the back to help the beginner or even refresh your memory of some of the techniques. There is bound to be something in this book which you can't wait to start and there are some superb ideas. From the classic curtain to the elaborate swags and tails this book is a must for anyone who wants to make soft furnishings with a professional finish.
0Comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2011
I bought this book for my daughter who has recently graduated from Brighton University in Fashion Design & Business. She wants to start her own business making clothes & soft furnishings. It is a brilliant book on guiding you through all home furnishings, with easy tips and step by step instructions.
on 11 March 2014
I am really pleased with this book. I wanted it because I was making loose covers for my sofa and I was not sure how to get started, and this book did just that, along with other great tips for curtains etc. I don't know what level you need to be at for it to be helpful, I sew a great deal and make a lot of soft furnishings and this helped fill a few gaps in my knowledge
on 9 September 2013
Too sweeping in it's task descriptions and assumes a lot of previous knowledge. I was really looking forward to this book helping me with things like invisible zippers but it just doesn't go into the step by step detail required.
on 1 November 2011
i found this to be a 'fair' book, some of the instructions are somewhat difficult to follow for a novice such as my self, and is a little dated.
on 3 April 2013
Great book full of really good ideas and very easy to follow all the instructions which are very clearly laidout.
on 20 October 2015
The book was not very good showing you how to do things
on 23 January 2015