5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking book, in a good way, 3 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Celebrating Life (Paperback)
I've read through the whole thing, and am glad I did so, but in future I'll probably dip into it. It's one of those books with short self-contained chapters where you'll think to yourself "I'll just read one chapter before I go to bed" and suddenly realise you've been there half an hour or more!
It doesn't presuppose any knowledge of Judaism, nor indeed, that the reader is Jewish (the chapters were originally columns in The Times, although they have been reworked for the book) but there are definitely things there for those who do and are.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are feeling negative about life - read this book, 24 Feb 2008
J. Page "Book worm" (UK) - See all my reviews
I am not Jewish - not sure if I even believe in God - but this book has opened my eyes. As an avid book reader of many genres, this one simply changed the way I view life and those around me. It's easy to read. You don't need any marathon reading sessions to get through it. One short chapter is fine or, like me, find it hard to put down at just one. If you can't afford it, get it out of the library. I think you will find it worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem, 10 Jan 2012
Absolutely marvelous, a true gem. It is very difficult to say it better. As a non jew, I found that Sacks has written a perfect book for everyone, with some religious feelings, to congratulate abouth faith and spiritual life in general. Family, parenthood, marriage, religion, all this "old fashioned" stuff gets a reinforced meaning in the mind and words of Sacks. I strongly reccommend it to everyone (actually I do it every day!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars After heaving read in this book, you really can find happiness in unespected place., 9 Dec 2012
C. Evenari - See all my reviews
For me it is a pleasure to open this book. Wherever you start, you will find yourself in a place, that makes you happy. It is all about faith, God, moral, friendship and more. Holding this book in my hand and having a look inside, I feel I found something like a treasure.
And as my mothertongue is German, I especially enjoy the wonderful English Rabbi Sacks speaks. It gives me the feeling, one has while looking at a precious painting.
Christel Michal Evenari

5.0 out of 5 stars ... is quite refreshing to keep company with such a good man., 12 Aug 2014
Only half read but so far it is quite refreshing to keep company with such a good man.

Celebrating Life: Finding Happiness in Unexpected Places
Celebrating Life: Finding Happiness in Unexpected Places by Jonathan Sacks (Hardcover - Dec 2002)
Used & New from: £299.00