5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you want to be there among the Olive Groves
Having read the two previous books I was eagerly awaiting a follow up and was pleased to find that this book was available just in time for my holiday! I find Carol Drinkwaters writing style to be easy to read and enthralling with beautifully written descriptions of the south of France, nature and life and its emotions. Carol and Michel have again returned to Appasionata,...
Published on 20 Jun 2005 by BusyReader

3.0 out of 5 stars Crikey was I reading the same book!
Picked up this book to cheer myself up reading about others
living the good life in the sun but right from the start things
were going wrong for Carol. The olives were not fruiting
Michael was becoming strangely distant and unhappy.Drought conditions
were a worry. Forest fires were constantly
threatning the farm. A horrid car accident followed-...
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by Miss S. P. Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Olive Trees!, 1 Sep 2013
I have bought all Carol Drinkwater's books. They are friendly and informative. I have a huge painting of a valley of Olive Trees in my sitting room and am fascinated by these very old long living trees.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book..., 3 May 2013
Loved this book and Carol's description of her farm and her life on and around it! :-) Would definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape to Provence, 6 April 2013
This review is from: The Olive Harvest: A Memoir of Love, Old Trees, and Olive Oil (Paperback)
Very well written book about the trials and tribulations of olive growing and bee keeping in Provence. Personal dramas adds to the interest of this true story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 April 2013
This review is from: The Olive Harvest (Kindle Edition)
My love affair with Italy was enriched by this book. I felt I was there with every page I turned.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Olive Harvest: A Memoir of Love, Old Trees, and Olive Oil, 14 Dec 2012
Carol Drinkwater writes with such ease about her life, every day experiences, some funny and some very emotional, and brings the Olive Farm, which she and her husband bought, very much to life. Her journey through acquiring and seeking more knowledge of the olive, how best to grow and harvest them, the people she meets throughout and the feelings she has for those who are very close to her, are richly expressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars The olive Harvest, 17 July 2012
This review is from: The Olive Harvest (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this follow on from The Olive Farm.It maintained the momentom and the interest of the first book. I really felt I was in Provence a place I would like to .visit. I suspect the subject of not having any money is not the same as mine !but I found it very readable. Tegwen.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Olive Trail, 21 Jun 2012
This is a brilliant account of life on the olive trail..great read ..can almost smell the earth and the ozone.Evokes memories of my visit to the area.Keep writing Carol..The Olive Harvest: A Memoir of Love, Old Trees, and Olive OilThe Olive Farm: A Memoir of Life, Love and Olive Oil

4.0 out of 5 stars the olive tree series, 29 Aug 2010
I enjoyed every book in the series. All the books are good reads. Good escapism.

4.0 out of 5 stars Confusion, 23 Aug 2010
C. Wood (HAMPSHIRE) - See all my reviews
Beware of new larger paperback copies of originals coming out with new front cover photo. I recently ordered one 'The Olive Harvest' which is a reprint so have had to give it away as I already have the original normal size paperback with different photograph. Otherwise, good read if you haven't read it before.

3.0 out of 5 stars Net yet fully read, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Olive Harvest (Kindle Edition)
So far o.k. but more of a marriage saga of problems. Not as interesting as previous books by Carol. Would still read subsequent books in the series.

ARRAY(0xaa481ce4)

The Olive Harvest: A Memoir of Love, Old Trees, and Olive Oil
The Olive Harvest: A Memoir of Love, Old Trees, and Olive Oil by Carol Drinkwater (Paperback - 4 Aug 2011)
7.99