Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 March 2016
As expected Alan Furst creates an atmosphere of anticipation, intrigue and humanity
on 4 December 2015
First at his very best with France on the eve of war brought to life! Excellent.
on 11 July 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed Alan Furst's novel over the past years - re-reading many again and again (I have them all). But I found Mission to Paris very disappointing indeed. It has none of the excitement or realism of his previous books, the characterisation is thin and the story predictable and rather boring. I am getting really tired of reading about the bullets in the mirror of the bar in Paris!! It was so slow to get going that I gave up a couple of times. I fear that he has given his all and that he has written his best already.
on 8 January 2015
My wife loves spy thrillers and this was a great stocking filler.
on 25 March 2013
... This is not as good as Alan Furst's earlier books. I hope he isn't losing his touch! There seem to be various points made early in the novel which seem to have no reason for being there, eg characters mentioned who then don't 'contribute' to the story later. But perhaps it is because I've enjoyed the other books so much. Unfortunately, I do not think it is the novel which would encourage you to read the others.
on 18 January 2015
For me Alan Furst can do no wrong great atmospheric stories.
on 26 August 2014
No-one writes better about this pre war period....excellent.
on 18 July 2012
Mission to Paris is yet another fine product from Mr Furst. He has worn well the groove in which he sets his novels - exploring the insidious and chilling onset of tyranny in the 1930s and the moral choices it imposed on everyday lives - but he writes with such self assurance,economy and flair that I can easily excuse the formulaic element in his books. A great read.
on 15 July 2014
Excellent condition and price ,can't wait to read this.
on 2 November 2012
What's happened to Alan Furst? Normally his books are wonderful thrillers, creating a believable atmosphere of Europe under the Nazis. Mission to Paris is tedious stuff, lacking in tension. Come back the real Alan Furst.