5.0 out of 5 stars A great read
My first Michel Roux Jnr book, but definitely not my last. It's full of great recipes and written in an easy to read way, with lots of anecdotes. I am a BIG fan of Michel Roux Jnr and love his wonderful enthusiasm for food, wine and cooking. A great book, worth every penny.
Published on 14 May 2011 by Dazza

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, it's all about the celebrity
I know the Masterchef thing is now a media frenzy, and M Roux was brilliant in Masterchef Professional, BUT... I do not need to be reminded of it all the time, or for all time, hardback edition. While I am sure this is not the fault of M Roux, whom I greatly admire as a chef (and whose book on sauces* I have given a 5 star review), let us just say that his editor has...
Published on 15 May 2011 by L J Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 14 May 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, 16 Nov. 2010
Master chef indeed; the recipes are delicious. And not too difficult, I could make them without too much trouble and i am a wellmeaning amateur.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 9 Jan. 2011
A gorgeous book with great recipes, I would have prefered more pictures as I love how he presents his food. But even so brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars cooking,michel roux jr, 10 Jan. 2011
Anne Anderson "sloopy" (aberdeenshire) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my partner who struggles to boil an egg.Recipes are so simple to follow even my partner has tried a couple with great success.Maybe now thanks to michel roux i can look forward to having a nice meal cooked for me now and then.Would recommend to everyone who thinks they cant cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent achieveable dinner party recipes, 6 Jan. 2015
J. M. White (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent collection of (mostly) French recipes (I say mostly as there's one or two curry & Asian recipes).

Beautifully clear instructions to make a impressive dinner-party quality dishes. I can't wait to try any number of these out. This is not weekday family cooking, but nor is it fussy, haut cuisine, cheffy cooking either.

I had been looking for a good French cookbook. I've found it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good food explained simply, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Cooking with The Master Chef: Food For Your Family & Friends (Paperback)
I have read through the recipies in this book and I can't wait to start cooking. It does contain ingredients that may not be that easy to obtain from your local supermarket, but I am sure it will be well worth the trouble looking for them. I do admire Michel Roux Jr. He goes to prove that you can be a world class chef and not have to behave like Gordan Ramsey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 19 Mar. 2013
Miss L. G. CAMPBELL (Southampton UK) - See all my reviews
I own over 100 cookery books and this is definitely in my top 15. Truly lovely, stylish, sophisticated (but not too complicated recipes) to cook for friends and family.

Sometimes the ingredients used can be a bit pricey, but there are plenty of recipes without expensive ingredients. The recipes are inspiring and not the same-old stuff you've seen regurgitated a million times before.

I would honestly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys cooking, likes entertaining or simple enjoys reading a good cookery book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book to have in your collection, 18 Feb. 2015
Mr. Chris Lee "Chris Lee" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought the kindle edition. It is well laid out and easy to navigate
There are some duff recipes in here but also some ones that initially look rubbish (As they don't have much ingredients in but are very tasty.
As you would expect with Michel Roux Jr, it's not how much you add to the dish but the quality of the ingredients and how you cook them

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly wonderful and easy to follow, 10 Jun. 2012
My husband gave me this wonderful cookbook as a Christmas present. I truly love the way Michel makes it so easy to understand and follow. I am new to cooking, however, I have impressed my family & friends with the plates as if a man himself being in my little kitchen. Thanks to Michel and I would highly recommended this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Michel Roux, 19 Jan. 2013
a nicely put together book, and the recipes are well written and easy to follow. Hardy surprising coming from Michel Roux.! A pleasant mixture of every day recipes and special meals requiring a bit of thought.
I loved his explanations of why you put different ingredients together

Cooking with The Master Chef: Food For Your Family & Friends
Cooking with The Master Chef: Food For Your Family & Friends by Michel Roux Jr. (Paperback - 25 Oct. 2012)