5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Carol!
I have a secret to tell.... I have been renting an olive farm in Provence since 2001 when I first read Carol Drinkwater's memoir The Olive Farm .... well, in my dreams, I have!! I know that there is a myriad of travel memoirs out there, all wanting to impart their story of how a crumbling old house was restored to grandeur, usually peppered with a few anecdotes about...
Published on 9 July 2010 by Lovely Treez

3.0 out of 5 stars An ode to Gaia - perhaps
I can only write about this from my own point of view.
I have grown Veg. commercially,by organic methods and have found it heart-breaking. I can appreciate what Ms Drinkwater is trying to achieve. All I ended up with was a very healthy crop of soil
Carol Drinkwater can obviously write and write rather well. Her descriptions are good if a little overblown...
Published on 5 Sept. 2012 by Woodland Worker

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return!, 26 July 2010
Another excellent book in the Olive Farm series.
Carol's passion for the environment and for her olive trees is wonderful to read and I was once again, completely drawn into her world.
Thank you, Carol!

3.0 out of 5 stars An ode to Gaia - perhaps, 5 Sept. 2012
Woodland Worker (Sludgethorpe in Mire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Return to the Olive Farm (Paperback)
I can only write about this from my own point of view.
Like a lot of these type of books, she has had trouble with Builders. Do reliable builders exist? Most of the Ex-Pats seem to have experienced trouble of some sort or another.
I can understand her reluctence to spray her olive trees. I know that most of the chemicals used are highly dangerous and the half truths told by the big Agrichemical companies would make amusing reading if the dangers were not so great.
I often ask myself why I bother to read books like this. The answer must be that I would like to be in the fortunate position to be able to do something like this myself.
So, until the Lottery comes up, I shall continue to do so

5.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 30 Jun. 2014
This is the best book in the series I think carol has got it just right, she mixes her love of the farm, her relationships and her fight to keep to her convictions regarding trying to be an organic farm and fighting the old ideas and establishment. I read this book on holiday and couldn't put it down. Anyone who hasn't read the other books in the series will still enjoy this, as Carol reflects on the past years of the farm, bringing it all together.

I'd recommended this book to anyone who enjoys an easy read, likes everyday life story's and can travel with the writer to the area she visits.

5.0 out of 5 stars My love of Carol Drinkwater's Olive Farm Books., 13 April 2014
I have very much enjoyed all Carol Drinkwater's books about their olive farm, probably because I live in Turkish North Cyprus and had a house built here ten years ago, creating my Mediterranean garden, which wraps around the house. I love Carol's writing style.

Susan Macdonald..

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful photos that tell an inspiring story., 14 April 2013
Absolutely loved it...Carols work continues to be clever funny and beautifully written plus the lovely photos to see the lay out of the land.

5.0 out of 5 stars She has a way with words.., 28 Mar. 2013
Natalie Jane Murray (Caldes d'Estrac, Barcelona Spain) - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed it! At times it did get a little melancholy, especially towards the end, but then, I guess, we all have times like that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Feb. 2013
Had to get this to continue with the first book its still a great read and continues the story with more feeling than the first one GREAT READ both books.

4.0 out of 5 stars All ceatures star...., 26 Mar. 2013
I love the south of France and I love C Drinkwater's writings - I also admired her greatly as an actor. I often look for her in Mougins in the summer - haven't seen her yet. Will keep trying for an autograph.

5.0 out of 5 stars A intimate and inspiring book., 18 July 2010
Carol's style of writing is very personal and intimate. When reading Carol's books I feel as if she and I are chatting over a cup of tea or a glass of wine. She captivates with her narration of her efforts in trying to produce olive oil organically and improve the habitat her land provides to honeybees and other pollinators. I find it an inspiration to reconnect with my own yard and make it more welcoming to wildlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars olive series, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Return to the Olive Farm (Paperback)
I have read all of the series and thoroughly enjoyed them.Until recently I had a small farm myself o
in Spain, so for that reason, the content was of great interest to me

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Return to the Olive Farm
Return to the Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater (Paperback - 12 May 2011)