5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing, wonderful
I was enthralled from the very first page.

Julie Walters is not only a brilliant actress, she is also an incredibly vibrant, interesting and honest writer. This autobiography is not just about Julie Walters, the actress, but is also a fantastic observation of growing up in the fifties and sixties.

The characters in Julie's life - her mother, her...
Published on 16 Oct 2008 by Bookish

3.0 out of 5 stars Not brave enough?
I am and have been a fan of Julie Walters for many many years. I STILL watch "As Seen On TV" whenever I need cheering up and love Petula Gordino with a passion, so was thrilled when this book hit my doormat.
However for me it is a book of two distinct halves. The first half covers her childhood and "pre-fame" years and is detailed, funny and quite frank. You get a...
Published on 11 Dec 2008 by MCB

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars book worm, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: That's Another Story: The Autobiography (Paperback)
Very good book, I couldn't put it down. Everything in it, it's funny, sad and I learnt a lot about her life

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovingly told, 26 Aug 2009
Kelkoozee (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Another Story: The Autobiography (Paperback)
You have to love Julie Walters and well it's a story lovingly told. I read it in one afternoon, that's how much I liked it. Like all good biographies, we get a glimpse of her world and what she's like away from the camera and of course she shines, she always done. Did I mention I love Julie Walters?

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read another story!, 9 Dec 2008
D. Simpson "bookworm" (uk) - See all my reviews
As a huge Julie Walters fan, and having read the reviews, I was really looking forward to a good read. Unfortunately I was disappointed. I was hoping for lots of tales of her personal life now, but this wasn't touched on. It was all about her early years as a child growing up, and how she got her break into acting. There was nothing about the shows I loved, Dinnerladies and Acorn Antiques, just lots of boring chapters about her days on stage. I found myself skip-reading the last third of the book because I was finding it tedious and boring. I've read lots of other autobiographies so am no strangers to them, but this was certainly lacking in entertainment compared to others out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
Good Book

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, a great disappointment., 1 May 2012
sprite (Suffolk,UK) - See all my reviews
I am a total admirer of everything I have seen Julie Walters act in, (which is probably a tiny fraction of her total work) but the main aim of this book seems to be an effort to prove how ordinary she is. I could totally relate to her early life as I came from a similar social background but it is a little drawn out. The second half minimises all she has done - a great pity. I finished the book wishing she had never wrtten it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice diary, 22 Dec 2009
K. Norstedt - See all my reviews
I will enjoy using this diary through 2010, with its recipes, pictures, planting season information etcetera...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
great

1.0 out of 5 stars That's Another Story, 7 May 2009
Julie Walters is obsessive with bodily functions in every chapter. Starting with her bed-wetting, to her grandmother's incontinence to her dog pissing all over a sleeping man and going on to tell us about her neighbours throwing turds out the window and much more. She definitely has a problem.
A very disappointing book for such a good actress.

3.0 out of 5 stars River Cottage Diary 2010, 25 Feb 2010
W. K. Long (England) - See all my reviews
Pages are not so easy to turn due to two hard pages at beginning of each month. Otherwise good with a week to a page.

5.0 out of 5 stars memories, 17 Sep 2009
Mrs. L. N. Sidney (exmouth england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Another Story: The Autobiography (Paperback)
Having lived only a couple of streets away from where julie walters lived and at the same time she was there brought back many memories..She talked of LONG HYDE RD I was actually born in that street at number 14 and my uncle still lives there..That's Another Story: The Autobiography

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

That's Another Story: The Autobiography
That's Another Story: The Autobiography by Julie Walters (Paperback - 23 July 2009)
7.99