4.0 out of 5 stars I loved the first book. Clearly, some hated it... but:
I imagine that many readers of the first Belle de Jour book awaited the arrival of this tome as I eagerly as I did. The question on everyone's lips must be; does it live up to the expectations set by the first? Initial impressions would be that it is written in the same vein. Further exploration does, however, reveal a very different animal. It does read rather like a...
Published on 2 Oct 2006 by frequent flyer X

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!
What a let down! I loved Belle's first book. This one, was simply awful. I kept forcing myself to turn each page, hoping desperately that the story would pick up, that it would get interesting. It didn't. This book is boring and self indulgent. Belle talks for 322 pages and somehow manages to say nothing at all. I had hoped that when I got to the conclusion, I...
Published on 27 Dec 2006 by Megan C

5.0 out of 5 stars "Further Adventures" continue fabulous story..., 12 July 2010
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
After reading the first edition of Belle de Jour's series I had high hopes for this book... thankfully I was not dissapointed! Funny, straight-to-the-point, and wonderfully elegant. A must for any girl. I can't wait to read some more of Belle's adventures. Buy it and enjoy! x

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings!, 14 Nov 2007
Sue at home (Cheshire. uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
Hmmm.... difficult to write a review on this because it is so variable!

I am sure quite a lot of us really enjoyed many aspects of the previous book, The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl for the same reasons i.e. the fast moving diary format (in the style of Bridget Jones), the insight into the lifestyle (how realistic I don't know!), and the humour, wit and attitude.

This book continues in exactly the same style. It's racy, naughty, funny and overall a bit like having a good gossip with you best friend whose seen it all, done it all and willing to share the experience! It is easy to read and there is an hilarious new occasional feature with Belle acting as agony aunt, responding to problems from anonymous readers.

However, half way through the book (and I'm not going to spoil the story here with a lot of detail) she gets bogged down with her reinstated relationship with the Boy. Frankly, this gets a little dull. Call me shallow if you like but really I just want to her to carry on dishing the dirt on what people get up to behind closed doors - perhaps there isn't really enough variation to fill another book!

If you read the previous book then I think you will enjoy this and I would certainly recommend it. In fact I hope Belle gets back on track to write another. If you're a bit of a prude then it is definitely not suitable but I guess you would have worked that out already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
I thought this book was brilliant, it's has everything 'belle-esquie' about it!
I'm toying wither i find this better than the first one, it has a totally different approach than the first so they are strikingly different, yet i found this one just as good. The first book did very well to shock and make you think and try identify with her. This one is somewhat a view into her real life and how she feels and is alot more human in it's approach, especially how it explains human relationships, opinions and train of thought. It was very eye opening and really enjoyable, it's full of her dry humor and personality which is refreshing compared to other books and i found myself really pulled into her life and found myself saying "Belle what are you doing?!?" alot. It may not be as shocking and fast pasted as the first but is alot more approachable and enjoyable and i think it is brilliant writing how she manages to describe life from a fly on the wall perspective. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone, even if you haven't read the first one (allow i would if were you) to read this because it is a brilliant book that you can have read in 3 weeks if you don't have alot of time on your hands. I don't know why people say it was bad or give it bad reviews, it's just very different from the first is all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!!, 9 May 2011
Kristina Gray "Xtina" (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
Yet another fun, fab book from Belle, great value, great condition, speedy delivery& hilarious witty story you just can't put down! Fantastic, Happy Customer! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 7 April 2010
Ms. Jenna K. Gazzard (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
Really enjoyed this book. read the adventures of a london call girl before, so this was my 2nd installment and it didnt disappoint. would recommend to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 30 April 2009
Mr. Seo Cathain "Seo O'Cathain." (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I found this film was well acted, interesting and sexy so the book is quite interesting but really Billie Piper in the DVD brings it to life. The audio CD version hasn't the same zip as the DVD. But obviously as the film has a good storyline so too the book has too. Its fresh and fun and endearing. Very readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 July 2008
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
I really enjoyed Belle's book. I loved the first one so much that I decided to buy the second and it didn't disappoint. Belle is funny, witty and has a great sense of humour. I just love the way she writes and the way she thinks about things; it makes for a great book. Following her life is always intriguing and never really predictable. All in all, a great read.

2.0 out of 5 stars I think I picked the wrong book!, 22 April 2008
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
I read this book and haven't read the first in the series. It turns out from the reviews I've read that my choice was not a wise one! Belle gives up the game 50 pages in - and let's face it if you buy a book called "further adventures of a LONDON CALL GIRL" that's kinda what you're hoping for. She then goes on to document her relationship with a two-timing wally referred to as "The Boy" and we don't even get to enjoy her unceremoniously dump him at the end - they live happily ever after. This part I'm assuming because the book comes to a rather abrupt and meaningless ending, which left me wondering why I'd bothered to finish it. Looking at the reviews the first book sounds better, but be warned, this one will most likely be a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
Good Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect condition, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl (Paperback)
Arrived promptly - used but in perfect condition. Very funny and witty book. Still reading it and enjoying it. It's as good if not better than the first one.

The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl
The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl by Belle de Jour (Paperback - 16 May 2007)
5.59