Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 13 March 2006
The only reason I read this book in it's entirety is because I don't beleive in giving up on a book once I have started it. But, I have to say I was sorely tempted with Breathe.
The premise behind the story was fine, but the writing left a lot to be desired. And the fact that the book was translated from French was painfully obvious.
At the time when I purchased this book, I also bought Lucky. There is no comparison. Do yourself a favour and use your precious reading time wisely.
on 28 October 2009
I read this to pass the time on a five-hour ferry crossing from France. I'd have given up after the first few pages if I'd had something else to do. The writing may have lost something in translation, but I found the style tedious and bleak. It lacks character development and just didn't draw me into the story. It is narrated by an unhappy, unpopular girl who becomes obsessed by another girl at school, and the plot could have worked well if it had been written in a more involving, more believable style.

I give it two stars rather than one because this short novel does actually improve halfway through, though not enough to make it worth bothering with. Also it's not a bad effort for a 17 year-old. No doubt she'll improve when she learns a bit more about writing.
on 26 March 2006
This is the first novel by Anne-Sophie Brasme. Her use of language is excellent so much so it slows your reading down and places you in the context of her characters.
I read the opening of this book online using the look inside facility and was instantly hooked.I read the book cover to cover within a couple of days. This book is captivating can't wait for her next novel.