4.0 out of 5 stars ethical and logical issues to a rabbit like me is overwhelmingly helpful, 20 Dec 2014
I've passed it on, but now I want it back! I was miffed by Grayling's dismissal of the "bane of religion". But he would say that, wouldn't he, and I was probably just being embarrassed by my own inability to subscribe to unconditional atheism. But I've seen him in the past - talking to Richard Holloway (no relative) at the Hay Festival, and on TV, and really, he's a lovely guy and his way of explaining moral, ethical and logical issues to a rabbit like me is overwhelmingly helpful. He loses one star for his lack of humility. Well, he's philosopher, for heaven's sake!

5.0 out of 5 stars hooked, 16 Aug 2012
S. A. Jones "BOOKAHOLIC" (HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Heart of Things: Applying Philosophy to the 21st Century (Paperback)
This book is so wonderful as it covers important and vital subjects in a clear manner, often making one think seriously about previously held opinions. This is a marvellous aid to clear thinking and I love him and am buying more of his books

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 14 Feb 2011
I haven't finished this yet - am dipping in and out as it's a selection of essays - but the ones I have read so far are motivating, though provoking and illuminating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Dec 2014
good

The Heart of Things: Applying Philosophy to the 21st Century
The Heart of Things: Applying Philosophy to the 21st Century by A.C. Grayling (Paperback - 5 Jan 2006)