Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 11 October 2013
I have used Mary Norwak's book on English puddings for so long it is literally falling apart, so this seemed the obvious choice when looking for the definitive work on jams etc. However, it is hugely disappointing. Unlike the other book it has no interesting information about the subject; it is merely recipes. The jam recipes have way more sugar than I find necessary and I have made all my own jam for years. It is also really annoying the way the recipes are laid out: each one gives metric, imperial and American measures. Surely a conversion table at the start or the end would have been enough? Anyway why bother with imperial in this day and age? I am 63 years old and am perfectly capable of using the metric system. In addition to all this the book is an awkward shape for my bookshelves; this is trivial I know but is just an added aggravation. I do not think this book is worth buying.
on 3 November 2013
I love this book for its variety of recipes, clear instructions and great pictures. It is an invitation to stock up the cupboard with tasty extras for meals and snacks and I'm looking forward to gradually trying them all.
on 31 August 2015
I have used this book for jam and jelly making for 30 years and it has never let me down. In fact, as the jam making season approaches I become paranoid about its whereabouts. I never lend it to anyone!
on 12 October 2014