on 12 September 2011
This book is thoroughly interesting. The book is split into different sections depending on the type of crime and ordered chronologically within these sections so it's very easy to find a certain page if needed. I'd recommend this book to anyone who's even slightly interested in crime. If there are people who are only considering to buy this because they're interested in serial killings then I'd still recommend this as it's packed full of them - over 100 pages in fact. Yeah, get this!
on 8 May 2011
As a true crime aficionado i thought this might be your usual Jack the ripper, the Wests, Manson, Dahmer, Gein and other well seasoned stories. How wrong could I of been?? Its brilliant. From Frank Abagnale to Anne Boleyn, William Wallace to Osama Bin Ladin and everything in between. If you're even hesitating to buy this, dont, just do it! If you love true crime, you'll adore this. Its in sections so you can skip between Murder, Fraud and hoaxes, its great. Cant praise it enough!
on 28 January 2013
No... not by murdering him!!
I bought my husband this one for Christmas, he didn't raise his eyes from it all Christmas Day evening and Boxing Day.
Silence is golden..
on 24 November 2011
Great book...with lots of crime facts dating back centuries through to current times. Bought one for myself and my dad. Recommend.
on 23 July 2010
I wasn't too sure of how this book would read when I got it. It is very well made and is captivating. I would recommend this collection.
on 5 July 2011
What is it about crime that we all find so facinating? I had wanted to get this book for some time and am so glad I did. It is a hefty book with over 500 pages and covers a broad selection of crime with areas covering treason, swindles and hoaxes, murder, robberies, assassinations, gangster crimes, serial killings, kidnapping and also a section on unsolved crimes. Usually with a page devoted to each crime.

You could say it is quite the history book as it includes such characters as William Wallace, Blackbeard, the Tichbourne Claimant, theft of the Mona Lisa and the mystery of Shergar as well as all the other notable people we like to read about including Peter Sutcliffe, Charles Manson and right up to Harold Shipman, Steve Wright and Joseph Fritzl.....

For such an extensive book it is very reasonably priced so why not buy for yourself or a loved one and spend the evening reading about some very unsavoury characters?!
on 12 December 2012
Notorious crimes are often so well documented that you have little to learn or new facts to ponder over, this was not overly detailed with background leaving it clear and I found plenty of and very interesting detail.. I know its twisted but I can't put it down. Now my wife has picked it up I can't get it back she loves this book.. Perfect for dipping in and out of. Magazine style short to the point and accurate...
on 13 January 2014
I brought this book for my brother for christmas. I enjoy crime books and he asked for a book of crimes. This book would be perfect for anyone who were interested in reading crime. There is one crime per page, so the benefits of that are that there are lots and lots of stories to read, the negatives, however for the more 'well known' crimes e.g - JFK assassination, Moors Murders.. there is a lot of detail that is skipped over or missing. So overall a good book for someone who wants a brief crime read but for the more meaty stories I would suggest another book.
on 20 June 2011
great book as its in sections so you can choose to read about murders,robberies etc. Very interesting read, though theres lots I thought would be included in this book that are not in here, quite alot of early year crimes like way before i was born early. Having said that ive read some every night since i got it and find i just keep wanting to pick it up, some of the sections in the book just dont draw me though but thats personal interest as im more into reading about the serial killers rather than bank robberies!

worth the money, good read.
on 11 January 2013
Brilliant book. Bought it for my boyfriend and he couldn't put it down. I then read it and couldn't put it down. Worth a buy if you love true crime.