5.0 out of 5 stars I found this book to be very useful, especially when reading the Silmarillion as it provides ..., 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
I found this book to be very useful, especially when reading the Silmarillion as it provides beautiful illustrations and very precise information. For anyone reading the Silmarillion or any other of J.R.R. Tolkien's works I highly recommend using this as a guide book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
Caras Galadhon is spelt Caras Galadon three times in this entry, that is including the title. I haven't spotted any other misspelled words, but I am deducting a star for that one, as it is such a well known location, and, of course, it is a tolkien-invented word; It seems someone didn't do their homework on that one. I agree with the second reviewer of this book about everything else. I need say no more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 6 April 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
Being a massive fan of lord of the rings. I decided it was about time that I looked into ways to extend my knowledge of the world of Lotr. This book does just that, It's beautifully designed, with drawings and a small map. I would recommend this to anyone who loves Lotr.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book., 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
Lovely bound book with fantastic drawings throughout. Very handy book to have while reading any of Tolkiens work as if you come across something you don't know you can just quickly look it up here.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Guide to a Guide!, 3 Feb. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: A Guide to Tolkien (Paperback)
Despite sounding fairly dull and appearing to be little more than a dictionary, the 'Guide to Tolkien' is especially usefull. It is comprehensive and gives a quick reference, whether you're watching the films, and a little confused, or reading the books and struggling with the pronunciation! Arranged in alphabetical order, its quick and easy to use. If watching the film, you as I, may find it difficult distinguishing the names of places and people, especially with the background noise of battle or just the accent of the actors. This is where 'A Guide to Tolkien' is imperative. Seeing the names written down disinguishes it from another similar sounding name.Thus Leading to a better understanding of Tolkien's world, and even at times, an insight into the clever thinking behind Tolkiens ideas!. A must for any 'Lord of The Rings', or indeed, 'The Hobbit' lover like me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice binding and well put together, 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
Nice binding and well put together. The illustrations are OK but not really my cup of tea.
Joe of the Edain- Fair spot but Caras Galadon was the spelling in the 1st edition so I'll forgive the author that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really beautiful book! I bought one in a shop fro ..., 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
A really beautiful book! I bought one in a shop fro my friend, and then really loved it so I bought one on here for myself! The drawings inside are beautiful too! I great buy for a Tolkien fan :)

5.0 out of 5 stars rekt, 21 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
I bought this for a friend and he loves it. Fantastic material. Very good looking. First and last pages are maps.

Very good buy, especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful., 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
Bought for my Tolkien-mad girlfriend. Wasn't something she'd ever seen before and was thrilled to get it. Very beautiful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for any Tolkien fan, 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Tolkien: A Dictionary (Flexibound)
Full of really interesting information & lovely black and white illustrations. Great gift for any Tolkien fan .

A Guide to Tolkien
A Guide to Tolkien by David Day (Paperback - 10 Oct. 2001)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available