on 29 April 2002
As a gardening contractor I am frequently asked what plant shall I put in this position. This book provides the answer and it is the one that I recommend to customers, especially those with a "blank canvas" to work with (such as with a new house) or to someone who wants to replace or rejuvenate a section that is not doing too well.
on 27 October 2009
Easy to read and understand. A little basic, but as a beginner to gardening that was fine. Good illustrations and plant suggestions as well as useful project information (laying paths, adding ponds and fences etc)
on 30 April 2014
This is a really good book to give you ideas and tips for planning a design and planting schemes for small gardens and considered gardens of all sorts of different shapes.
It was speedily delivered and was in excellent condition
on 17 March 2014
The book has good information and help to design your garden. The diagrams are clear and it is good to see how to do it.
on 22 April 2014
Has lots of good varied designs and drawings. I would have liked more photographs and less drawings though. I feel more confident to design my new garden with the helpful planting plans showing which plants work well together. There is also instructions for creating paths, steps, fences and water features.
Overall, a very informative book.
on 6 November 2014
This book was in very good condition for being second hand. I bought a number of books on small garden design and this was the best. It has lots of ideas that are achievable. A great buy!
on 7 July 2015
Best book on small garden design I have seen in recent months. Although there are a vast number of garden design books, most of them seem aimed at larger gardens. We live on a '70s estate with the usual small garden these estates have but that doesn't mean we don't want it to look bigger! This book is ideal and gives clear & concise information. And with the price I paid (1p plus postage - used) I feel really chuffed! The book arrived very quickly and I'm looking forward to using it as we refurbish our garden.
on 20 September 2015
This is an excellent little book although sadly out of print. If you are planning a garden with all the most up-to-date features it is a bit out of date, but in terms of planning a small garden from scratch it is a good starting point with all the basics. Well written and nicely illustrated.
on 17 September 2015
Great prompt delivery. Book quite dated and concentrates on traditional "cottage" style gardens. It is a 20yr old publication so perhaps I should have known.
Good if it is what you're after.
on 14 March 2013
I am most impressed with this book. It has given me some good ideas and help with planning. Especially good for the price I paid and the condition which was excellent