5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring reading
Published 4 months ago by Busybee

1.0 out of 5 stars A load of huff and puff!
The reason that Arianna has more time to relax and have more time to herself is because she can write a book this short and I paid good money to read it. For someone who is a writer and an accomplished woman, this should have been a fascinating and informative read. Sadly, it lacked in any real content and to call it thin is an understatement.
Published 1 month ago by Ms. Nancy Buckland

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring reading, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Happier Life (Hardcover)
Thought provoking and easy to read. Focuses back on traditional values of living a good and happy life, rather than getting burned out by the rat-race lifestyle many of us are getting tired of. Also a fair point that if we want to create a society where women play a role at top management level, we need to create a more sustainable business culture, where people are measured and promoted according to results and not facetime or 24/7 availability. This is the only way women will ever be able and willing to combine a high-responsibility management career with bringing up a family. We are dependent on both to ensure the economic wellbeing of future generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READ, 1 April 2014
BLUE FISH (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
Its a very down to earth book and written from the heart. Challenges the writers lifestyle and how to define life, its about well being, wisdom and wonder, the need for us all to change happiness from feeling good and doing good and reconnecting ourselves. Nowadays we all get wake up calls which usually we would act on, but sometimes a book is written by a writer who shows how her struggles and challenges eventually catch up on her and she transforms herself by using meditation, giving, laughter , mindfulness and sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ, 13 May 2014
The author really has hit it on the head - she looks at what our society/life has become with all the modern trends and gadgets. The necessity of slowing it all down to appreciate what we have, when we have it. She has researched very well and included many pertinent modern day examples of what is being done wrong, what is being done right. Proof that less, is in fact more and healthier too. Just finished it and will read again, this time taking notes and sticking them on my computer / fridge / everywhere! Well done Arianna!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Read, 24 April 2014
Excellent, well written book by a highly successful woman who redefines the concept of success in our busy world. She draws on much of her personal experiences as well as using sound scientific evidence to back up her statements. Wonderful use of some very profound quotes. Liked the appendices section which provided very useful information on meditation apps and those to help limit daily distractions. Will certainly be a book I will read over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Jun 2014
I loved this book and think it gives great ideas how to become a much more balanced person and truly happy. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as new-agey thought it might be., 7 Jun 2014
Interested read and well researched (very well in fact) and easy writing style mean you fly through this book. I would recommend as a reality check for those busy b and stressed out. I have adopted some of these practice and they are working for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars IS THE THIRD METRIC THE WAY FORWARD?, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Thrive (Paperback)
Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington is a truly inspiring and refreshing book everyone should read. The deluge of books for reviews almost prevented me from having a look. I am glad I managed to squeeze in time to discover what this book is all about.

In the book, Huffington spells out how one can live a great and healthy life. Her insightful advice coupled with her wonderful writing style makes the book really enjoyable. Her sage and sane advice about getting enough sleep, meditations and shifting one's core values beyond the control of money and power is truly life-changing and thought-provoking. This, in essence, is "the third metric." It is an attempt to redefine success and create a vibrant life full of wisdom and wonder.

One important aspect of the book is its advice to unplug from technology and social media. In a world hooked to the social media such advice may seem ill-conceived but from Huffington's perspective it is badly needed. Though the book has its own shortcomings, I honestly believe that many readers will take some of the advice to heart and be inspired to redefine success, create a life of well-being, wisdom and wonder the Arianna Huffington-way.

1.0 out of 5 stars A load of huff and puff!, 1 Aug 2014
Ms. Nancy Buckland "foxymissb" (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT THOUGHT PROVOKING BOOK, 26 Aug 2014
I have been suffering from spells of anxiety and panic attacks recently brought on by stress at work, which I have had before and I was give this book as a gift as I weighed up staying in my current job and how to make my life less challenging. I can honestly say it has just opened my eyes to a lot as it's so inspiring and has really made me try to think more about what's important. I have since bought it for 3 friends as gifts as I think there is a lot in here to digest and lots that offer you some food for thought. Absolutely loved it and am happy to have found it at a time when I had everything wrong in my life in terms of perspective. One I'll revisit for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great daily companion for a fulfilling life, 3 Aug 2014
I recommend reading this book every day to remind ourselves about how wonderful it is to be living. Even when times are tough, Huffington reminds us that giving will increase our wellbeing. The simple act of opening our eyes each morning is a miracle and our job is to share our talents with the world.

Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Happier Life