Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 February 2013
I've always liked Laila Morse, the older sister of actor Gary Oldman. For the past twelve years she has played Big Mo Harris in the BBC soap opera 'EastEnders'. Whilst I'm not a fan of the show, from the clips I've seen, Mo was a great character and was played with a great deal of humour by Laila.

But there is much more to Laila Morse the actress than Mo Harris. She made her film debut in her brother's movie 'Nil By Mouth' in 1997 and won the British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer. Her other film credits include the crime comedy 'Love, Honour and Obey', starring Sadie Frost, Johnny Lee Miller, Jude Law and Ray Winston.

I recently saw Laila being interviewed on television and she made me laugh. When I saw that she had written an autobiography, I decided to give it a go despite not knowing a great deal about her private life. From the moment I picked it up and started reading, it made me laugh out loud. Her childhood memories and what she got up to when she was young make for very entertaining reading.

As her life goes on, we read about the sad times including her troubled first marriage and her own son's battle with drugs and crime. Laila has never had things easy but she comes across as a brave, determined woman with nothing to hide. Her attitude to life is inspirational.

Laila has left EastEnders full time now and I'm glad that she can concentrate on other work, she has made two films in the past three years and it will be interesting to see what the future holds for this considerable actress.

'Juat A Mo' was a fantastic read and a refreshing change to see someone write a book these days who actually has a story to tell.
on 20 February 2013
I had this book bought for me on valentines,not romantic i know-but i wanted to read it.I didnt know anything about
the actress until i read it.Well..what a great read,i couldnt put it down,she comes across as a very nice genuine person,loves her kids,her dad abandoning the family,how it affected her -rejected,then reconciled with him.The book also includes her bad marriage experiences-and love again in her 60s.She is a person i would describe as [Real],she tells it like it is,a very enjoyable book and i would strongly recommend it.
on 4 March 2013
An excellent book from a lady who has had a very full and varied life. I read this book so quickly as I could not put it down. If you are into autoboiographies treat yourself and buy this book you will not be disappointed. This is one lovely gutsy lady.
on 20 March 2013
Great autobiography by laila Morse (Anagram of my sister in Italian) born Maureen Oldman,sister of Gary . Telling her story of where she was from an how it all started through to how it is today. It's not been an easy life for Mo, and less of the glitzy and glam lifestyle we normally expect of a `Star`! Very real an very true of the life's of many of us today .This was an easy down to earth read. Her warmth and humour shines through the book even when times were hard for her. Enjoyed every page ~ Thank you Maureen for Sharing ......
on 3 March 2013
Saw Liala on TV ,and wanted to read more ,she is such a nice person ,,enjoying
Reading her book ..get it ..
on 2 March 2013
Worth a read, what a life she's had just goes to prove u dint have to come from an acting background to make it!
on 17 December 2013
what a great read, I am not normally one for autobiographies but thought give it a go. I am so glad I did, I could not put this down so it only took a day and a half to read it.
I will definitely recommend this. This lady is a real trooper and been through ups and downs but always sees the lighter side... love her!!
on 4 March 2013
I thought this biography was brilliant. Very easy to read and I could hear Laila Morse actually writing the words. It is very down to earth and honest. I love the title of the book and as I watch East Enders from time to time I felt I really got to know the author. It isn't hi-tech rocket science just a really good read by someone I often see on television and now I have got to know a little better. She has had some tough times and is very lucky to have had a film star brother who gave her the opportunity to get into acting. Still she wouldn't have fulfilled those acting opportunities if she hadn't been any good so I say good luck Laila, you have had a tough time followed by a great time and you deserve all the success you have accomplished, Well Done!!
on 10 October 2013
Excellent.....the true mo........heart warming from start to finish. Factual and funny..... well done for sharing your life with us No.
on 3 January 2014
very good reading once i started reading it i couldnt put it down untill i had finished it not many books are like that thank you