Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 January 2012
I've had this book for a couple of weeks now and I have to say it's been a delight. Originally buying it to put alongside the other rarely used London guidebooks on the shelf this has been one that I'm actively coming back to time and time again.

Whether you've got a spare five minutes and you fancy learning a bit of London history, or you've been so busy all week that you've got nothing organised and just want to get out and try something new then this book has what you need.

It's well written, the designs complement it perfectly and there's a lot to learn that you won't see in a regular guidebook. Well done to the author for what must have been quite an arduous exploration of the city, check out the back stories on the books website for quite how much effort has gone into this book!
on 25 March 2012
This is a great source for ideas for anyone spending time in London - lots of unusual ideas for places to visit both in the city and further afield. All you need to accompany this book is a good bus guide!
on 21 January 2012
There are lots of guide books to London, but this one is the best I've come across for people who actually live here (or know the city pretty well), because even if you've been in London ages there are lots of things in Tired of London Tired of Life that will probably be new to you. For example, it turns out I work just around the corner from the Grant Museum of Zoology. I work in wildlife conservation, and I never knew it was there! My workmates and I now have a trip planned for one lunchtime next week. Also, even though I am a feminist and have been living in the E1 area for about 4 years, I never knew there was a Women's Library at the Metropolitan University near Aldgate. I do now, thanks to this book, and I'm going today.
on 4 June 2012
London is a fantastic city with many hidden treasures and experiences within. This book suggests some of those and I suspect more versions will follow. The book includes outer London venues also, which is. Bonus. I bought this as a gift and will be buying more copies for the same reason. It is good value for money.
on 3 November 2013
Great book to dip into and to glean ides for unusual outings.
Really well presented, user friendly and fun to read.
Recommended for anyone of any age living in London or just visiting.
Ideal present.
on 21 January 2012
This really is a unique book. If you ever are at a loss for something to do in London then having this book on your shelf will help you out! Even the illustrations just cheer up your day.
on 26 March 2014
Most recommendations are pubs with a short description of their history. I wouldn't plan a day out to London with the only itinery being to have a drink at a certain pub...
on 16 April 2014
I love books that lay out a simple plan for you, especially if the premise is something that you would have wanted to do given limitless time and money. And I think most of us have an inkling that London contains a wealth of experiences which we are never going to get round to sample, but would nevertheless like to have the chance to do so.

This book says yes, there’s “an almost infinite number of things to do in London”, but hey, I’ll list them for you, and just to make things even simpler I’ll give you one to do every day. The benefit of this is that some ‘things to do’ are appropriate for the particular day in question, and going on the ‘right day’ can make all the difference.

But choice can be daunting. Exactly where should I start when I have some free time to explore London. Just driving your cousin from America around the streets to look at Parliament Square and Buckingham Palace through a car window is a cop out really isn’t it? ‘Tired of London’ takes all the effort out of the equation. Check today’s date, go to the relevant page and follow the instructions … simples. And a quick glance through the book reveals that Tom Jones has done his homework, there’s some really unusual and interesting things included as well as all the usual staple diet that we should, but never have, ‘done’.

However it seems to be a book on a budget, and imagery and photography seems to have been the victim. ‘Things to do’ actually means things to see, but so much described in the book isn’t depicted visually which is a real shame. But as a selection from the resource that is London it stands up well to inspection.
on 24 April 2016
Bought as a gift for our friends who recently moved to London. The book is a great size - perfect for the coffee table or can be slipped into a bag and taken on a day out. The book lists the dates/months of the year and suggests something to do in London that suits the season or date - eg. Parks in summer and Christmas markets in winter. The only negative is that some of the places suggested have closed or no longer running so check before heading off to your chosen place! Fast dispatch and arrival. Our friends loved it and I have bought a copy for ourselves!
on 20 January 2012
After working all week with your head down so you can battle the crowds on the tube, this is exactly what you need at the weekend to inspire you to get out and see this great city.