5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Insightful Autobiography
Boxing is a harsh, unforgiving and uncompromising sport. To become a good boxer a fighter must be dedicated, disciplined and single-minded. Boxing has been unfairly stereotyped over the years and there are plenty of examples of the `nice guy' finishing on top. Barry McGuigan is one such example.

In the 1980s at the height of the `Troubles' in Northern Ireland...
Published on 28 Jun 2011 by Daniel Cann

3.0 out of 5 stars Not strictly a Boxing Book
If you wanted a detailed insight into McGuiggan's boxing career, then this is not the book for you. However if you want to know about the man as a person then this makes an entertaining and at times sad read.

It does cover his career in part and what impressed me most was the hectic schedule that he had to go through to win and defend the title. He faced Juan...
Published on 17 Oct 2011 by pbrennan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Cyclone: My Story (Paperback)
A great book, true story of boxing and uniting a nation through sport. I would recommend this to all boxing fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my husband, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Cyclone: My Story (Paperback)
I purchased this for my husband who is a big Barry McGuigan fan. He was going away for a few days on work and wasn't going to have much entertainment so I bought it for him. He really enjoyed it and said it was a fantastic biography. It goes through all of the highs and lows and bits in between. Nice size book, looks nice. My husband liked it so much hes read it a couple of times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with the book delivered quickly, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cyclone: My Story (Paperback)
The item was brought as a gift and the person recieving it was very pleased with it. It was a gift for a booking fan..

4.0 out of 5 stars Cyclone, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Cyclone: My Story (Kindle Edition)
A very enjoyable read. I cut my Boxing teeth watching fighters like Barry in the 80's & can remember vividly where I was when he won the world title. The out the ring information was interesting however I felt the Barney Eastwood falling out was a little skimmed over. Fascinating to hear about Daniel Day Lewis & the Fighter movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: Cyclone: My Story (Hardcover)
This is a very interesting book, well worth buying it. Could not put it down. Very good insight to his life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and a riveting read..., 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Cyclone: My Story (Hardcover)
At least 4 cheaper than the high street. The book itself is a riveting read and provides a very personal insight into McGuigan's life. If you have even a passing interest in boxing then reading this book is a most.

4.0 out of 5 stars Came via snail mail, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: Cyclone: My Story (Hardcover)
My husband is really enjoying this book but it was intended for Father's Day and came with another long after that. He had it for his birthday instead. It was supposed to be in stock but it was only after final placement of order that I was told it would be after the date required. I was very disappointed with that as this was the first time it had happened with Amazon - but a good book.

Cyclone: My Story
Cyclone: My Story by Barry McGuigan (Paperback - 24 May 2012)
6.39