5.0 out of 5 stars MARTY LACKER TALKS ABOUT THE REAL TRUTH
Marty Lacker About GK's Book
By Marty Lacker, Jan 9, 2010

Published on 17 Nov 2011 by Dr. David Crews

3.0 out of 5 stars too good to be true
i also waited for a long time for this book and was disappointed. it seems that every career move, every record, every girlfriend, in fact everything in elvis life george had an influence, its a good job george was on the scene isnt it or we might never had had such a brilliant artist as elvis presley!!!! talk about blowing your own trumpet.
Published on 24 Mar 2010 by Ms. Heather Foster

3.0 out of 5 stars too good to be true, 24 Mar 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars MARTY LACKER TALKS ABOUT THE REAL TRUTH, 17 Nov 2011
Dr. David Crews (PENSACOLA, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Marty Lacker About GK's Book
By Marty Lacker, Jan 9, 2010

Speaking of books and some of the fiction that has been written in regards to Elvis and his world, I was just sent an excerpt from George Klein's book by a fan in Ireland that was on the Fox News' Fox &friends website and in all my years I have never heard such outright lies. Basically what George has done has taken part of my description of the night I talked Elvis into recording at American Studios in January, '69 and replaced me with himself plus some unbelievable and totally untrue embellishments. He has even conveniently added a couple of dead people to the scene who cannot contradict him by saying Tom Diskin and Freddy Bienstock was at the Graceland dining room table when he said he told Elvis about Chips Moman and got him to record there. Diskin and Bienstock were not there.

He also said Priscilla and Esposito were at the table and they weren't and he completely leaves out the part that I had talked to Elvis about it in what is known as the Jungle Room before everyone went into the dining room, in which he was silently present along with Sonny,Lamar and Felton Jarvis. He even put himself sitting next to Elvis at the table when it was actually me sitting there after I called Chips at home and talked to him about recording Elvis with Felton standing next to me.

Sadly what Klein forgets that there were witnesses to the whole event who will further make him a liar. If this is a sample of what is in his book, I suggest that if you really want to waste your money on it,look for it in the Fiction section of your favorite bookstore. My complete description of that entire night was written years ago in my two books, Elvis:Portrait Of A Friend and ELVIS AARON PRESLEY: Revelations From the Memphis Mafia and anyone who is familiar with both books will see that my recollection is word for word in both books. I am fortunate to have what is known as a photographic memory, not only do I remember the words spoken at the same time I am experiencing a pictorial rerun in my mind while I'm telling the story. I remember conversations word for word as well as who is present and where they are standing or sitting. I have no need to make things up to make myself feel better. I am just happy and proud that I was a close longtime friend of Elvis' and we both shared each others lives with the other original MM. I'm equally as proud to have had the opportunity to do things for him that made his life and career more enjoyable for him and better. I'm also happy that he was aware of things I did and was very verbally appreciative of it.

How sad and miserable George's life must be that he has to constantly lie about things. It's a shame he can't be happy just to have been a good friend of Elvis' instead of coming up with the lies to either make the fans or himself look and feel better about him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis, My Best Man by George Klein, 5 Feb 2010
Anthony Mulraney (UK) - See all my reviews
I have waited many years for George Klein to tell his story. Now I have read it, I am not disappointed. George has one of the distinctions of knowing and being with Elvis from High school till the end. The other two being Red West & Marty Lacker. His book is both affectionate and humerous as well as containing great detail. It also gives us an insight into Georges own life and Elvis' influence on it. Great book, great value from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
TRUE HONEST AND OPEN ACCOUN ,ABOUT TIME

5.0 out of 5 stars the King, 1 May 2014
Received this yesterday.
well packaged. Great condition.
and who would not like anything to do with the King.
can not wait to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read ,nice guy george and a good friemd to Elvis, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Elvis: My Best Man (Hardcover)
great look in to Elvis life interesting read,nice photos ,shows elvis as a person not a superstar would recommend 4 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Elvis: My Best Man (Hardcover)
a good read by a man who knew Elvis right back in the days of Humes High School-one of the few that has never betrayed him or spoken impolitely about Elvis,this is a must read for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: Elvis: My Best Man (Paperback)
A very entertaining, interesting, and quite emotional read, but is well worth anyone buying it who has interest in Elvis like I do. A very welcome addition to my extensive collection of books and memorabilia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis.. My Best Man, 1 May 2011
Robert Lippett (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis: My Best Man (Hardcover)
I have had the pleasure of meeting George Klein on two occasions, he is a very friendly guy with an excellent knowledge of Elvis Presley thanks to his long term friendship with Elvis from his schooldays right up to the time when Elvis died in 1977. He broadcasts on Elvis Radio direct from Graceland in Memphis every Friday afternoon, the show is full of interesting facts and of course plenty of Elvis music. This book is an excellent read for all Elvis fans who are looking for plenty of background facts from someone who was his friend for so many years.

Elvis: My Best Man
Elvis: My Best Man by Chuck Crisafulli (Hardcover - 2 Sep 2010)
Used & New from: 0.50