on 30 November 2009
A 'must have' for all potential Uni students (and their parents). Written in a clear and entertaining style that will not put off teenagers.
on 30 July 2010
The Virgin Guide to Universities was recommended to me by a friend whose daughter had used it to great effect the previous year. It was the best present I could have bought for my daughter who was in a real muddle about which universities to apply for and what course to go for. This guide stands out for its no-nonsense, honest and well-researched information. I really liked the way it was laid out so you could dip in and dip out and didn't feel swamped by it.The opening chapter on how to write the personal statement was practical too. My daughter liked the "what's it really like" views of current students as it made the whole overwhelming process seem alot more human and manageable.Excellent.
VINE VOICEon 23 April 2010
Very helpful guide which is different to all the others. It puts emphasis on what the students themselves think about the universities rather than just looking at league tables. This book was really useful for me as a prospective university student.
on 13 July 2010
An absolute necessity for any student looking into universities. Gives an insight from students points of view not just the lectures. Tells you information outside of the uni and the area as well an inside the uni and the courses. Brilliant.
on 19 June 2010
I would reccomend this 100% to anyone looking at going to university it has helped me so much in choosing my uni it gives truthful evaluation of each uni and the city. It has everything you need to know in a concise manner: in diagrams, fact files and written reviews. I don't know how I would have done it without this book I have already reccomended it to my friends and they totally agree with me
on 12 February 2011
This is a good, honest guide to Universities. It has lots of useful information and reviews from students who have actually attended and can share first hand knowledge, not just like the usual guides which just give facts and figures and league tables. A good read!
on 21 February 2011
The guide is very helpful in that it pulls together all the information on universities and helps you make what is quiet a difficult decision.
on 28 October 2014
for the fresher in all of us!!!
on 10 October 2015