5.0 out of 5 stars A smoothly written account of Obama's campaign., 13 Mar 2010
Jill Meyer (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
After Obama won the election, I basically decided not to waste my time reading accounts of his campaign. I wanted to read about Clinton's or McCain's campaigns - books brimming with "dirt" dished by campaign "insiders". But, I was so taken with Richard Wolffe's interviews about the book, mostly on MSNBC, that I waived my "rule" and bought the book. And, I'm glad I did. Wolffe writes a masterful account of a candidate - Barack Obama - certain he was going to win (and thankfully he did!) even though he knew he wasn't "conventional" American president "material".

Wolffe was given amazing access to Obama and his story reflects the insider access he was given. I cannot recommend any political junkie leaving Wolffe's book off their "need to read" list.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 12 Oct 2009
Renegade: The Making of Barack Obama

I have never read a book about a politician before but I am finding this a very interesting read. It is informing me about the process of presidential elections as well as the thoughts and actions of Barack Obama.

I cannot read from cover to cover in one go like I would normally do for a fiction book. It is intense but thoroughly enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars Codename-Renegade - Barack Obama, 11 April 2010
This review is from: Codename: Renegade (The Inside Account of How Barack Obama Won The Biggest Prize in Politics) (Paperback)
Excellent book. Full of insights of the workings of Washington, D.C.
The book is written for intelligent people by a very intelligent mind.