5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional read
I'm not a lover of books that are 500+ pages long so when I first received this book I was a little put off. After reading the first few pages though I was gripped and couldn't put it down. At a very early age, Branson seemed to have that drive that has stayed with him and has made him what he is. His lifestyle in the early days is not what you imagine and he has had his...
Published on 25 July 2002 by Mr Dewi Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read but too worthy at the end...
I'm a bit of a junky when it comes to biographies, especially ones concerning business or politics. This book did not disappoint. For a Virgin virgin this book is a really interesting insight into the creation of the Branson Empire.

My only negative is that the last quarter really bored me. The business bit is so much more intersting than hearing about how he's...
Published 24 months ago by Adam Lake

3.0 out of 5 stars Great beginning..., 25 Aug 2014
Loved the background to Richard's success...the latter stages of the book not so gripping...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug 2014
Brilliant, some proper laugh out loud moments and some good nuggets information.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing pieces!, 11 May 2007
Northern Monkey (Berkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have wanted to read this book for some time, and having finally done so I can say that it is indeed an interesting and enjoyable read. However I for one bought the book looking to get more of an insight into the man rather than an overly exaustive review of the whole BA dirty tricks affair. I would like to have known more about how he felt making the money he was making, how he felt when he realised for the first time he had made a million etc. At one point he reflects on the fact that he has just been valued at 1.5bn - but does not comment any further. Whilst I'm sure this is partly attributable to his sense of modesty, I for one would love to be that wealthy and would like to know how it feels!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing story. I look forward to his other, 24 Aug 2014
This review is from: Losing My Virginity (Paperback)
Very inspirational. What an amazing story. I look forward to his other books

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down., 26 Mar 2006
Wow! What a read. I relish a sequel and I hope it materialises.
It's just a darned good read. Who knows what Lord Kings autobiography would say about the whole BA dirty tricks; but who cares. It is a good story. Personally I believe Branson. the evidence is overwhelmingly damning against BA.
I must have burst out laughing a dozen times at various parts of the book. The vibrator; Freddie Lakers joke about prostrate inspections etc etc
Buy it! You wont be disappointed. Well done Richard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long winded, 19 Aug 2010
This review is from: Losing My Virginity (Paperback)
Not much new that hasn't already been in the media. About 3/4 of the way through I was struglling to stay interested. Have loads of respect for Richard Branson, but probally more than I needed to know about him. Never did finish the last few chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Inspiring biography, 8 Nov 2009
This review is from: Losing My Virginity (Paperback)
This is one of my favorite biography. An incredible character writes candidly about his business successes and failures, his adventures around the world, his family life and his humanitarian endeavours.

Throughout the entertaining read, Richard Branson's portrait takes shape:
- enthusiasm for life
- insatiable curiosity
- willingness to set himself high-reaching challenges
- sense of adventure
- obstinacy: he clearly never takes "no" for an answer
- impressive people skills and ability to partner with a great team
- Family oriented / Grateful for the support it has provided him during his pressured business life

On Virgin's strategy:
- Downside protection by setting up a variety of ring-fenced businesses
- Give people the chance to be entrepreneurs and run their own business
- Enter a business not only for money, but if it is fun, has downside protection and fits with the brand

If you are an entrepreneur or a would-be entrepreneur, this is an extremely inspiring biography as it provides an example of somebody
- who is not afraid to tackle a business he does not know anything about. He sets himself to learn as much as possible about this new business and surrounds himself with the right people
- who is going through ups and downs but always fight and recover
- who sets high-reaching targets and puts all his energy and enthusiasm to reach them
- who was not successfull at school and did not start with family connections

4.0 out of 5 stars Real life thriller, 20 Aug 2009
J. Williamson (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Losing My Virginity (Paperback)
Just completed this latest version(2009) in record time! It was (mostly) a roller coaster, thrilling read which gave a real sense of what makes this man tick(my reason for wanting to buy the book.) I felt let down however in the latter part of the book (1998 - 2007) which seemed to lack the flow of the original - ever more disappointing as the subject matter - intergalactic space travel, global elders etc - are phenomenal, yet constantly lost my attention as I clunked my way to the end. Perhaps it was just me? Nonetheless, I have a new respect and admiration for this bold,tenacious family man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 11 Aug 2009
PureSymmetry (london) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a great book which succeeds in bringing one closer to the legend tha is Richard Branson. I must say that I loved the book, it was well written and is thorougly interesting from start to finish. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So whens the film coming out???, 7 April 2009
I found this book a very enjoyable read and you don't have to be interested in business to enjoy it. The tales of living life on a houseboat in Notting Hill, going into the Queens bank Coutts in sandals and beard and everyone chilling out on beanbags in the first Virgin record is all good reading. As I say in my title - "Whens the film coming out?" as I think the book would do well very well as a film, especially if it focussed on his first 15 years of business. However, if you're a budding entrepreneur I'd say you should by a more practical book to read along side it. This one for inspiration, the practical one to help you in 2009, as things are a bit different from 1979! (filling tax returns in online, wireless laptops, video conferencing, internet marketing, powerpoint etc etc)

Losing My Virginity
Losing My Virginity by Sir Richard Branson (Paperback - 7 May 2009)
8.39