5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest expedition of recent years
It is no exaggeration when I say that I do not know of a single expedition in the last five years that required more dedication, pig-headedness and refusal to quit than Ed's Amazon walk.

Ed's book sounds like he is in person (I have heard one of his brilliant lectures) - humble, down-to-earth, amusing.

In the age of ridiculous celebrity...
Published on 9 Jun. 2011 by A. J. Humphreys

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful achievement - not very good book
First off, I have to say that Ed Stafford's achievement must rank as one of the greatest expeditions of the past 100 years. Amazing and hats off to him.

However, the book was almost as much of a slog as the journey. It is poorly written and doesn't convey many of the experiences Ed went through very well. His descriptions of the environment, plants, animals,...
Published 10 months ago by Damian Murphy

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing read!, 26 April 2012
I was always fascinated with the Amazon and found this book very inspiring. To achieve what Ed has, requires an incredibly strong will to succeed. It is inspirational and shows that so much is possible if you truly believe in it.
I couldn't stop while reading this book. I admired the walk but also the surroundings that Ed described. I was also aware of how much detail he had to miss to avoid writing a thousand pages book. Very often I thought I was reading fiction. I thought it was impossible to walk across such a demanding and unforgiving environment. On the other hand, I felt the book was so real that sometimes I imagined myself being there in the jungle with Ed and Cho.

I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to find out what it means to be confident in yourself and persistent in achieving your goals. The book also left me with a hope that I may one day do a 1/100 of these guys did!

I am waiting now to read about another, equally crazy expedition!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a man ..., 12 April 2013
Bought for my son in Japan, who is very much into travel and adventure ... in fact, I've just recently recorded the tv programme 'Naked and Marooned' for him to watch when he next comes over to the UK. Ed Stafford is 'crazy' - a guy who lives life and enjoys (???) every minute of what he does ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking the amazon, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey (Paperback)
Bloody amazing epic walk ed Stafford is my hero I served in the army and did jungle training it was tough but to walk for two years outstanding bought the DVD also and naked and marooned on iPod give us another adventure ed ..ets45

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book, 13 Nov. 2014
Theres none of your fake Bear Grylls nonsense here. Ed Stafford is the real deal. His determination, stamina & mental strength is unbelievable. What an incredible adventure. I would recommend this book, is a great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing journey!, 21 April 2013
J. S. Upton - See all my reviews
This book covered many of the usual topics in an epic adventure. However,it also delved into the mind of the author (Ed Stafford) as he struggled with various psychological problems along the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 25 Sept. 2014
I found this a really interesting insight into what it takes to do something like this. the story is told at a pace that keeps the interest while still exploring some of the emotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, 5 July 2014
Already 1/3 through it, arrived very quickly. My only gripe on the book would be the chapters are a bit long..........but then I guess The Amazon is long I forgive Ed for that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Those who doubt Eds dedication in the Documentary should read this book., 16 Jun. 2013
Never giving up even in the face of death. Ed and Cho deserve real credit for a feat that may never again be replicated in such a fashion. I am envious. Truly amazing story!

2.0 out of 5 stars Read the book through although I didnt really enjoy it, the author didnt endear himself to the ..., 5 Nov. 2014
Read the book through although I didnt really enjoy it, the author didnt endear himself to the reader, he appeasred very selfish and self centred, I wouldnt recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 6 Feb. 2013
This is for my daughter in law. She is thorough enjoying the book. I will get to read it later. It was delivered promptly and in perfect condition.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›