5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Plant....I owe you my life.
Everybody should read this book, It is a true life saver, facts are backed up with proof that red meat and milk are linked to cancer. Breast and prostate cancer have both been cured by following the diet, I have a friend that followed the diet and has been cleared of bowel cancer for two years.
I had nothing to loose when I was diagnosed with inoperable oesophageal...
Published on 1 Sept. 2005 by Dave Pickett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not backed up by research
This is an interesting book containing a credible theory about the link between breast cancer and diet, in particular consumption of dairy products.

Unfortunately clinical research does not support the theory. Some studies have found an apparent link between breast cancer and high dairy consumption, others - in particular a massive study of nearly 49,000 women...
Published on 20 Sept. 2006 by S. Kavanagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Plant....I owe you my life., 1 Sept. 2005
I had nothing to loose when I was diagnosed with inoperable oesophageal cancer in October, I was told it was as good as having a death sentance. By following the simple diet of fresh organic fruit and veg and cutting out red meat and milk I've managed to astound my doctors by shrinking a 14cm tumer to 1cm that has come back clear of cancer cells. I'm now on a quest to get as many people as I can to read the book and follow the diet. How many other type of cancers will the diet be able to cure, and why aren't the government doing anything about it ???

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong ring of truth about the book, 21 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
I have just read Professor Plant's book and it seems to have a strong ring of truth about it!
As a retired family doctor who did two baby clinics a week for 30 years, I found it not uncommon for breast-feeding mothers to switch to the bottle saying that their babies grew better. Gradually, I came to suspect that growth was excessive, not better. Babies triple their weight in the first year of live, calves about a dozen-fold. There seems to be a correlation between growth factor in milk, and cows milk contains more than mother's milk and this factor stimulates breast and prostate gland growth.
Six years ago my brother-in-law, then aged 72 years, developed prostate cancer with bone secondaries. At my suggestion he promptly went vegan (though later he added fish twice a week making a 'macro-biotic like' diet. Although he also received hormone therapy, the surgeon initially felt he had made an error in diagnosis because the secondaries in the bones vanished so rapidly. However his PSA rapidly dropped from 211 to under 1!
This, and other clinical experiences over many years suggested to me a relationship between diet and cancer, especially some animal products but milk in particular. Milk is designed as an interim food, from birth until weaning and cow's milk is for calves. (There is an argument for 'formula' if mother cannot breast-feed). Cow's milk derives from various grasses, and similar nutrients are found in the green-leafy vegetation which people eat. Dairy products are irrelevant to the human diet. I feel it wiser to restrict or avoid dairy foods until proved safe and healthy to eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone concerned about cancer., 22 Sept. 2001
My wife is currently receiving treatment for breast cancer. How I wish "Your Life In Your Hands" had been available say four years ago and we had read and acted upon the message the book contains then. If we had then it seems there is a strong possibility that Carol might have been spared this disease. In the book the Professor (an Earth Scientist) tells of her encounters with breast cancer which visited a total of five times. The fifth time saw her turn her scientific brain toward discovering what was triggering this awful disease. After studying worldwide data Professor Plant realised that the incidence of the disease in many oriental countries was exceedingly low at home yet when the people moved to the west and adopted a western diet their incidence of this disease soared. Setting about studying why this was she realised that the diet in these countries did not include neither dairy produce nor meat from dairy animals. Cutting out dairy from what she was consuming and eating a well balanced diet saw her final "inoperable" tumour shrink and vanish. That was over seven years ago. Professor Plant presents compelling evidence that the same link applies to prostate cancer.
I'm pleased to find that many oncology staff I have met now recommending the book to breast cancer patients. In my opinion this is a book that needs to be urgently placed upon the reading list of every one with an open mind especially health professionals and politicians?...

5.0 out of 5 stars This book gave me real hope. An inspiration!, 15 Jan. 2002
By A Customer
Packed with lots of practical measures you can take to prevent/halt breast cancer. Professor Plant's book is based on sound scientifc research but is presented in a very readable format.As a recently diagnosed breast cancer patient this book has played a huge part in my understanding of the disease and I have I am following her advice to the letter.
I promise that you will never drink a glass of milk again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Years Later, 19 April 2006
I wrote a review of this book in 2001 - Plain Common Sense. So yes, the diet, and other advice, worked. It helped me to beat secondary breast cancer against all the odds. My blood counts throughout my third course of chemo were far better than during the first two, and better than a normal woman. This caused so much comment that the nurses wanted to know what on earth I had been doing.

And for anybody who thinks it is hard work, I liked the diet so much that I still follow a modifed form of it. Once you are accustomed to not eating dairy, it seems rather revolting and I can't imagine ever touching the stuff again. It's also made me, far more aware of the hormone altering chemicals that leach into our food from packaging, that we ladle on our faces, and have all around our homes.

Perhaps if this book had been available before, I, and a distressing number of friends, could all have avoided breast cancer. My daughter was very sceptical thinking I was just following the latest guru, but she heard Jane Plant's work discussed in a lecture at University, changed her degree to focus on hormone altering chemicals in the environment, and is now an eco-toxicologist.

So for anybody not sure, read this book and give it a go. It worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must full for all breast/prostate cancer sufferers, 21 Mar. 2002
By A Customer
I wish I had found this book earlier - it is now my reference book and I go back to it constantly as I am currently in remission from Breast Cancer diagnosed 1999. Have tried the diet for almost a year and feel great. I have also found out that Astra Zeneca produce Tamoxifen without Lactose (as a special only) - so why are not all of them without lactose - In light of the revelation in the Sunday Times, 10/03/02 (News in Brief)where it states that scientists now have linked the high consumption of dairy products with prostate cancer!!! Is it the dairy industry we are protecting? Start reading your food labels - you'll be surprised what they contain that is not needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure science. Selfless work. Well done!, 10 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
As a medical doctor I can appreciate the difference in between a scientific based and orientated book and a bluff. The amount of well documented articles quoted by the author and the clear way of thinking supporting the whole, make this book a real revolution in cancer and nutrition realms. Still many people (if they call themselves scientist or not is not important) would not forgive you are alive and healthy and making some profit from your book sales. One day they will understand. In the meantime, no matter what you do or how well you expose your ideas, they don't want to see the evidence. A colleague gave me the book, deeply impressed by it. After fifteen years taking care of cancer patients, helping them to understand illness and to become responsible for their lives (using anthroposophical medicine, remedies and therapies), this book gives to me the tool I was looking for to complement what I already know. Many thanks, Jeanne, and never loose your courage!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone with breast or prostate cancer, 28 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
A truly inspirational book, well researched and highly illuminating - its a crime that this information isn't given priority over the political power of the dairy industry. A must for anyone with breast or prostate cancer - here's the biggest and easiest way you could shape your own future. Well written, justifiably angry and a good inspirational read for anyone hoping to take control of their cancer even if its of a different sort. I have a rare endometrial stromal sarcoma on which there is no literature so I read anything else that's going ! As my cancer is also hormone dependant (as many breast and prostate cancers are ) this book has made me give up dairy and I've already beaten the stats !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Life in Your Hands, 24 Feb. 2003
By A Customer
This book does exactly what it says on the cover, based on the personal experiences of Jane Plant's occurence and recurrences of breast cancer over a period of several years, until she realised just what is causing it in our modern diets.
The shock of learning that I am the one in ten British women who are affected by this disease was followed by the need to do something to prevent a recurrence. All women should read this book now, not after diagnosis. The information given is also relevant to prostate cancer in men.

5.0 out of 5 stars We need more media coverage and more debate., 12 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
Why are we not hearing and seeing more debate on this issue in the media? Especially as it's Breast Cancer Awareness month. The book is brilliant, the evidence compelling. Jane Plant is a jewel in the national scientific crown. Why haven't we seen more of her? Let's get her into the public arena, she should be more exposed than Carol Vordermann. I happen to be one of the 30,000 Breast Cancer statistics for the year 2000. This is a nasty disease, the surgery disfigures both physically and mentally and the treatment regime sucks. It breaks up families. We need the truth and we need help from the makers and sellers of our food to at least limit our intake of these dairy derivatives. 90% of what they are selling us contains some form of it. Insist on knowing WHY? Don't believe me, spend a few hours around the supermarket shelves reading the list of ingredients on the outside of the packs. For now the book will be my bible and I'm urging all my friends to buy it. Anyone reading this - get the book and demand to know more. Education saves lives.

Your Life In Your Hands: Understand, Prevent and Overcome Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancer