VINE VOICEon 12 June 2005
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. This is the book I've been waiting for for several years, and is exactly the type of book I'd hoped it would be (apart from possibly not long enough!). If you are of a certain age (say, 28+) you MUST read this book - it is, quite simply, your childhood revisited. And, as such, it's warming, entertaining, slightly disturbing at times, but consistently funny. Forget what some cynics might say - there is absolutely nothing wrong in remembering the past and wallowing in a bit of nostalgia from time to time. It might make you a little sad for innocence lost, though...
on 28 July 2005
This is definitely the ultimate guide to the 70s and 80s- how many memories did this book bring back?!! Brilliantly written with plenty of humour, entries I loved included gloy glue, covering your school books, Monster Munch- fantastic! I would recommend this to any 80s children who fancy a trip down memory lane. I would of liked to have seen photos included but that doesn't take away from the appeal of the book.
Were you born in the early 1970s? Did you drink Quatro? Did your Christmas list always feature a Big Trak yet you never received one? If you answered "yes!" to these questions, this book should be on your shelf. Inside you'll find an A to Z list of items you may remember from your childhood, along with wonderful descriptions of each, usually just a couple of paragraphs. When I bought this my girlfriend and I spent a hugely entertaining couple of hours reading random bits to each other and laughing, happily returning to those golden summers of our childhood for a short while. Perfect for browsing and as an argument settler, this is a wonderfully nostalgic book. A few pictures would have been nice here and there, but the book is almost perfect as it is. Great stuff.

Oh, and for more information on toys, have a look at "TV Cream Toys".
on 23 December 2005
I was 11 at the start of the 80s and remember the decade pretty well, but this book really brought some memories flooding back. Well written and researched, it's a very pleasant wander through the nostalgia of a British kids childhood and I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 3 January 2016
Great for big kids who never grow up. LOVELY book
Great to reminisce but no pictures in it.
on 16 January 2015
Bought for hubby's birthday. He enjoys it. Quick delivery
on 11 January 2015
My title is not a euphimism for Brilliant or good, or "What a jolly good read old bean" or even, aeeoww jamon' y'know it! I'm micheal jackson I'm bad?
This is A crap book, written by a bunch of stuck up, 1990's type, collage grads, who no doubt know Nothing of the real subject matter in hand, they seem more the sort of 'we ave nowt else t'do but mock and be mordant for the sake of it really'!
Types.
I wouldn't recommend this Very out dated Old book at all.
I'd rather light up my farts, and sniff really.