on 11 January 2011
This is an excellent book that I read after a former business partner recommended it to me 4 months ago. Unlike most business books, where you get some lengthy back story, this one goes straight in with a focused approach and practical advice that you can apply the very next day.

The sessions are clear and quick to complete, producing a greater understanding of what I need to do to take my business forward.

It is an easy read that covered everything that I was concerned about, whilst also bringing my attention to a couple of other things that hadn't even crossed my mind.

I find myself dipping into it the night before a meeting as a reminder and photocopying parts of the questionnaires for my employees and colleagues.

I wouldn't say this book has changed my life but it has certainly changed my performance and profits.

I wish I had read this book when it was first published.

I would recommend this book to any owner/manager.
on 20 March 2001
Really provocative and easy to read. I've already put significant chunks of the book into practice - would recommend this book to any entrepreneur who's serous about growth
on 25 March 2008
If your confused as to what to focus your time on, you feel like there is too much to do, yet little time...you need a direction to follow, so read this book...practical, provocative and applies to anybody wanting to recoup or gain market share...!! His seminars are good too!

Jerry
on 25 February 2001
'Kick-start' is a refereshing book. It is a business book without the usual smart theory. Down to earth and practical.
Part One is words. Part Two is worksheets.
It will become a bible for our business. Thanks to all involved.
TW
on 26 February 2001
I was given this book with a copy of the other Virgin Buisness Guide, on the internet (Tim Cumming). Virgin have come up trumps again!
I ploughed through both over the weekend. Robert's book is practical and honest. It will help your business and I look forward to applying some of his worksheets/tools to our business.
I have used his older materials but this book is full of even more powerful tools.
One observation - the book could have had a more flexible or a ring-type spine - the spine on this one will eventually break with being forced open on the worksheets. Otherwise, excellent.
BF
on 29 March 2001
This is my fave book for my business - do not hesitate to buy it - it will change your business!
Sabrina
on 12 March 2001
This is a compeling read. Kick-start will sort you and your business.
Good things: worksheets, style, examples, commentary, general approach that gives you confidence
Bad things: should be more white space to write in?; could have a ring binding?
When's the next one due out?
box17@thedc.co.uk
on 26 February 2001
An excellent book that has already helped me. Robert explains what to do and how to do it. It is all commonsense. But it works.
Good simple tables and excellent worksheets. It is fien for people running busineses as well as business advisers. In fact, bankers would do themselves a favour if they had a look.
PJC
on 19 May 2004
Robert Craven's work is a synthesis of all the major issues that the reader needs to consider if the objective is to regenerate their business. Sound and wide ranging. Buy this book!
on 15 December 2015