5.0 out of 5 stars Totally gripping from Pole to Pole, 27 Jun 2006
This review is from: To the Pole: Five Women in Search of an Adventure (Paperback)
The last adventure book I read was Palin's 80 day trip round the world. So I thought it was time to update my travels, and I wasn't disappointed with my choice here. This is a fascinating read for anybody who's interested in challenges and uncharted territory. It's a very uplifting account and an inspiration to never give up on a dream. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 15 Sep 2003
A very descriptive account of the adventures of five women on a mission! Once I picked it up, I had to finish it.
Caro and the girls achieved what most of us only have night-mares about.
This book is a 'must-read' for all who have marvelled at the likes of Amundson and Shackleton.
Buy it, Read it. Enjoy it. I DID!

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific read, 9 April 2012
This book is not just a great adventure story, it is a story about people too. Caroline is clearly not just a great adventurer, but a great writer and a great person too. Buy it.

To the Pole: Five Women in Search of an Adventure
To the Pole: Five Women in Search of an Adventure by Caroline Hamilton (Paperback - 10 May 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01