5.0 out of 5 stars The best book, 9 Aug 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Robin Hood According to Spike Milligan (Mass Market Paperback)
Ok so you think you know Robin Hood? Speaking as someone who lived in Nottingham throughout her childhood I have to say I was facinated by him, I couldn't get enough of the storys and films, I found this book by accident a while ago and I have to say if there was one book that I'd never get tired of this is it! It's funny it's orignial and it shows off spikes amazing sence of humour at its best. He's done some other books in this series and I recommend them all, everything about them is funny, if you need a pick me up then give this a go, you won't want to put it down again and you'll certainly have never heard a version of Mr Hood quite like it

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin de Goon..., 18 Dec 2009
Martin Swift (Scotland. U. K.) - See all my reviews
You'll never understand the original story or watch any future programme or film on Robin Hood after reading this delightful cover by Spike Milligna - that well known spelling error...Spike takes any story and turns it into a novel of the Goons...you can just imagine the great ones taking the characters like Robin, Maid Marian, Friar Tuck and all and being portrayed in the Goonish style we came to love...

4.0 out of 5 stars silly spike but love to read it, 4 Jan 2012
i purchased this book for my son to read when we went on holiday-to keep him quiet- he wasn't quiet because he just kept laughing! my son is 12 - but when i read it after him i chuckled as well. its silly spike milligan humour- god bless him-but it works! just a nice funny send up of the robin hood story, makes you smile.

Robin Hood According to Spike Milligan
Robin Hood According to Spike Milligan by Spike Milligan (Mass Market Paperback - 16 Sep 1999)
5.75