5.0 out of 5 stars Basher science : The periodic table, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Basher Science: The Periodic Table (Paperback)
I blame the quiz show "Pointless" for my purchase of this. I know very little science at all and my formal chemistry knowledge ceased when I was 13 - though I know a little from gardening and avoiding pesticides. I didn't even know what the periodic table was and the idea of elements like Vanadium seemed someone's idea of a joke - I thought Vanadis was a Nordic goddess. So I needed a straightforward, well set out, simple text which would tell me what was what and what did what. This book supplies it - and so much more. I really like the illustrations, it is well set out and the poster at the end is a bonus. Perhaps my having been a Children's Librarian helps with the recognition that many children's books provide an excellent foundation for more. I can't see it through a child's eyes but I don't think this is a children's book. It is for anyone who just wants to know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Basher Science: The Periodic Table (Paperback)
This was purchased for my 10 year old grandson after he taught himself the Elements Song, so that he would know what he was singing about. I was impressed with the clarity of the illustrations and the text was easy to understand. I'll be buying some more books in the series soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - fun and easy to understand, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Basher Science: The Periodic Table (Paperback)
Great book - brings the elements of chemistry to life ! Easy to understand for any age group and quirky characters help them stick in a child's memory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute little introduction, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Basher Science: The Periodic Table (Paperback)
This is a fun, colourful book which is funkily cartoony rather than childish.

There was sufficient information to help my son with his Year 7 project on the elements and I imagine it will be helpful later on in his school career, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful Book and Poster, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Basher Science: The Periodic Table (Paperback)
Excellent help to anyone trying to make out what this table is about... I have given this to quite a few to young people who are studying the subject at school...

5.0 out of 5 stars My ten year old loves this!, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Basher Science: The Periodic Table (Paperback)
My son is really into chemistry, and he specifically asked for a "fun, easy to understand chemistry book." Well, this is the one. It gives a brief and creative description of the element, and how it interacts with other elements. What he loves the most is the cool-looking periodic chart, which really lays out the different elements and their "characters" -- noble gases, metals, etc -- really well.

Basher Science: The Periodic Table
Basher Science: The Periodic Table by Adrian DINGLE (Paperback - 18 April 2011)
Used & New from: 15.99