5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from this series of books
Published on 11 Dec 2009 by K. Carrington

3.0 out of 5 stars rocky
When I glanced at the book I though it looked a bit noddy but my 8 year old grandson thought it good............he had been starting a stone/rock collection and had some info from school. I just thought this book was not very streatching even for an 8 year old.
Published on 2 May 2010 by tolkein

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from this series of books, 11 Dec 2009
K. Carrington (UK) - See all my reviews
At last - books that help children (older children) to learn and not really realise they are doing it. These books are all written and illustrated in a way which appeals to children - but they contain the correct and relevant facts. My two boys pick these books up at will and pick out snippets of information from them. They are so popular that I've been asked to look out for when the next one comes out!

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE APPEAL, 22 April 2011
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
When I reviewed the first book in this series that I bought for my son (Planet Earth) I have to say that I had difficulty with the abstract way the book was written and gives its information.

I apologise for this, it might be my age, but my son was thoroughly enthralled by it, just as he is with this book on Rocks and Minerals. We sit and read this together, picking out our favourites, obsidian, gold, slate etc. It tells you what you need and want to know.

Some books talk to you and this one does; in the first person.

Well made and tactile, with crazy illustrations.

It appeals to the reader that it is aimed at, enough said.

3.0 out of 5 stars rocky, 2 May 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocks and Minerals Basher Science, 19 Jan 2013
Really good book as it explains things the way a child can understand, my son is a budding geologist and he was made up with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Basher Science: Rocks and Minerals (Paperback)
Specifically requested by my grandson and he is very pleased to have it as a gift

1.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, 7 Sep 2010
Comical Engineer "comicaleng" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This book is very disappointing. I bought it for an 8 year old interested in rocks and crystals but it is too lightweight. In particular this book suffers from a complete lack of any photographs which would help to identify the roaks and minerals in question.

The book only measures 13cm x 13cm x 8mm thick. Each mineral has a double page spread with a full page cartoon picture on one side. There is a minimal amount of jokey text.

This books offers poor value and minimal educational content.

Basher Science: Rocks and Minerals
Basher Science: Rocks and Minerals by Dan Green (Paperback - 18 April 2011)