5.0 out of 5 stars fire thief, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Fire Thief Fights Back (Fire Thief Trilogy) (Hardcover)
not finished reading but like anything to do with the gods etc ...looking forward to reading the other two books .

4.0 out of 5 stars An action-packed tale that blends intriguing ideas within classic fiction, for a thoroughly ingenious outcome., 15 May 2013
Book 3 within the Fire Thief trilogy concludes the magical, mythical saga spanning across the ages; from Ancient Greece right into the twenty-first century. With the same `feel' as Rick Riordan novels (Percy Jackson series), heroes and heroines intermingle with Demi-Gods, Angels and all sorts of fascinating creatures in an attempt to `save the world'. What I love most about this book is its exquisite cover and the beautiful binding inside the cover, including the tantalizing illustrations at the start of each chapter. This is an exciting story filled with heated drama and spectacular characterization, which brilliantly blends together the past with the present. Fans of Greek mythology, adventure stories and fantasy will devour with fervent gusto this book. I would highly recommend reading books 1 and 2 (The Fire Thief and Flight of the Fire Thief) before book 3, as it helps with plot construction and understanding.

"You've got to find a human hero, Prometheus. Time is running out..."

Ma and I were touring our magical medicine show through Eden City in 1785. The punters were buying our miracle cure* and we were doing fine until a Greek demi-god called Prometheus crashed into our lives. He was on the run from an avenging Eagle. And as if this mess wasn't enough, can you imagine how I felt when Zeus swooped down to visit and roped me into fighting seven deadly Greek monsters including the Minotaur, Cerberus and the Gorgon? Unless we defeated them all Eden City was doomed...
*Of course the medicine didn't do a thing. The only miracle about it was it was making us rich!

Terry Deary, author of the bestselling children's books "Horrible Histories" is an accomplished author whose easy-to-read writing style and creative flair gives him much credit. What I loved most about `The Fire Thief' series was how the author cleverly interwove modern day with past mythology and the fifteen-hundreds which being someone who also loves historical fiction, I really did like this element. This compact, pocket-book sized volume (of only 223 pages) is one rollicking, giggle-gasping package that will delight many a young adult reader and those seeking thrilling adventures filled with unexpected delights and shocking secrets! Complete with a handy glossary of terms on Greek gods and creatures, this makes for an altogether spellbinding reading experience and one that is very enjoyable.

A few of my favorite quotes included ~

"The first part of my tale is from a book of legends. "Hah!" you say. "Legends are just old lies. I want to know the TRUTH." Well, I have met one of the legends and I know that HIS story is true..."

"...RETURN TO EDEN CITY. You can sense that things are coming to an end now, can't you?"

4.0 out of 5 stars My Readers Review, 8 Aug 2009
Mr. C. Stoker (Gateshead, Tyne & Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
While the plot line and comedic value remains largely the same as the previous 2 books, I think that the ending to this saga isn't the masterpiece I expected it to be. It was not a brilliantly happy ending I am not entirely satisfied for the reasoning the story gives for it. Still... I was laughing my heart out in several places, so up until the last chapter this neat piece from Terry Deary gets another 'A grade' from me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Retelling of Ancient myths in a new way, 12 April 2009
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having followed Terry's tales that blend Greek myths with a modern flavour as Prometheus does his best to aid mankind whilst avoiding Zeus and his wrath as two worlds collide in mirror image of events proving that mankind really hasn't learned although there's always hope. A great story that really does give the reader a lot of fun and allows them to develop thoughts and idea's of their own that are presented in an informative way.

The Fire Thief Fights Back (Fire Thief Trilogy)
The Fire Thief Fights Back (Fire Thief Trilogy) by Terry Deary (Hardcover - 4 Jun 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01