5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 3 Jun. 2014
Another good dinosaur book - I bought this alongside the World Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric creatures by Dougal Dixon and it compliments it very well. The encyclopedia is comprehensive on pretty much anything prehistoric that walked the earth but this book goes into a lot more detail about the periods of prehistory from the formation of the earth until man first scraped his knuckles on the ground.

It's a good big sized book too which means it's easy on the eyes and the illustrations and pictures are all quality and packed with information. A great book - I recommend it even for kids 5+ if you read it to them they love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and well illustrated, 9 Nov. 2012
KG (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Kingfisher Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
Not incredibly comprehensive for its size, but interesting and attractive. My Mum bought me it when I was four and it remains one of my most treasured books. My uncle liked it so much, we bought him one too. Good for information on dinosaurs as organisms - whether they were warm or cold blooded, their metabolism and how they dealt with attack. Recommended minimum reading age: 12. Younger children will enjoy the colourful, detailed pictures.

The Kingfisher Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia
The Kingfisher Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia by David Burnie (Hardcover - 22 Oct. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.44