5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem, 22 Aug. 2012
a23 (Greenock) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
I bought this book years ago - some half price sale in a bookshop that's no doubt shut down. Anyway, it languished on my shelf, seeming a bit too worthy and challenging to be tried out. However, a couple of years ago< I opted to have another look at it and try some recipes. Good move (if a little late)

This is one comprehensive tome with all sorts of information about ingredients and preparation of dishes. Some of the ingredients are obscure (if you live in Scotland) but most can be turned up at Asian food stores. I've now tried maybe 100 recipes from the book and virtually every one has been a success - it has made me try completely different dishes from my usual repertoire. Sometimes the instructions are a bit vague - but I like that, cos you get a feel for how to do things yourself.

I'd recommend this to anyone who has some basic experience of INdian Veg cooking and wants to expand their horizons

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic., 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
I bought this book when it was first published and it was one of my favourites that went to someone's house and never returned home again. An Indian friend had the same version and said it was really authentic. The best compliment I've been paid was when I cooked something for her and she said it was as good as her mother's cooking. I'm really pleased to be getting it back again.

The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking
The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Yamuna Devi (Hardcover - 1 Sept. 1995)
Used & New from: £26.57